• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bring your guns to church

• Members
What do you want me to do, tell everyone to throw their guns away? Do you want me to be for our government to tell its citizens they can't have guns?

If you have a thousand guns in your home, that is up to you.

And actually whatever choice anyone here makes, I want it to be their choice, and if they chose to put their faith in God, I want it to between them and God.

I know in most cases what choice I hope I would make, but until I've been tried, I don't know what I will do. But if I have no faith in God on very small matters, when big matters come up, I surely will not have faith them.

Remember, we have 2 sides pulling at us who are saved, what I call that small quite voice in us, the Holy Spirit, but we also have this worldly world & Old Satan trying their best to pull us from God and to live like the world, or heathens, atheist, & such.

I might add, for the most part, most of us get a lot larger dose of the world than we do God's teachings, after all most of us live in the world, work with the world, work with lost people, I know many Christians whose best friends are lost people who will never darken the door of one of Jesus' Churches plus many of us has let Hollywood influence us through the TV set and movies.

:goodpost:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Ok' date=' and my point of contention in this discussion has been that you and Jerry have at times appeared to argue [i']both points simultaneously: that there are degrees but there are not degrees. That's what I'm struggling with.

No, I'm not saved.

I see. To a point there are degrees, yes - but, overall, it's whether you do or don't.

Thank you for answering my question, as well. :smile
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Indeed. In fact, you're not allowed to carry anything as a weapon at any time. The only time you're allowed to brandish something as a weapon is when you're actually in the process of being attacked. Then you're allowed to grab whatever is to hand. You can carry tools of the trade with you, like butchers knives, but if the Police think your intent is to arm yourself, you could be judged guilty of an offence. I think you might be allowed to carry pepper spray, though.

Ah well. I've never been to Whitstable, Invicta. I live in Cambridge.

I am quite sure that you are not allowed to carry a pepper spray.

I am fortunate that where I live, you can walk down the street with a gun and no one will say anything, because they probably have one to. :smile

Only the californians that move into the area get a little riled till they get to know the area.

I got a call one day of a man with a gun outside a bank. I rolled up and called the guy over. I could see what happened. He had just purchased a shotgun from a gun store 2 blocks from the bank. I explained to him that is chosen route to walk home was not the best and gave him a ride home.

Invicta, have you had a bad experience with law enforcement?

No I never had.

• Members

Only reason I asked Invicta, is in your story of the deaf man getting shot, you stated (so they say) implying dishonesty on the part of the police. The police have red blood too, they have families, and yes, if they ever shoot someone, they have to live with it the rest of their lives. Police are citizens asked to do the job no one else will.

Where I worked, I would often be the only Law Officer for 50 miles. I have had armed citizens save my bacon before. Im so thankful for the second amendment.

• Members

I'm 100% in support of LAWFUL concealed carry weapons (CCW) in the church. What in the world is wrong with a law abiding citizen using his/her constitutional right to carry a gun? If a crazy comes into a church to kill as many as he can, you want no one to defend family, friends, and bros. and sisters in Christ? Please read the article below.

What the Bible says about lethal self-defense.

• Administrators

I'm 100% in support of LAWFUL concealed carry weapons (CCW) in the church. What in the world is wrong with a law abiding citizen using his/her constitutional right to carry a gun? If a crazy comes into a church to kill as many as he can, you want no one to defend family, friends, and bros. and sisters in Christ? Please read the article below.

What the Bible says about lethal self-defense.

:goodpost:

• Members

Please, Please, view the following video and put yourself in the place of this dear lady! Imagine that you are eating lunch one day. The LAST thing on your mind is a crazy man with the intent to kill. The LAST thing you are thinking of is the murder of a family member while eating in a public restaurant. Safe environment... right? Why carry a gun? Watch video and see why..... As the madman shoots and kills her father, she realizes that her self defense gun is out in her car. That's why we carry on person!

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. How much worse if we allow someone to murder his own?