• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just a blessing I received

• Members

I have been trying to get ahold of my friend Tyrone which is attending Champion baptist college concerning some things about college days. This is my story of the conversation and how God used it to bless me.

I have to call him on my cell phone because
my house phone don't have free long distance. to use my cell phone I have to
go outside. Well I called him and he did not answer but I got into the house
and I hear the Star Spangeled Banner play (my ring tone). I look down and it
was him. So I went right back out the door. Answered the phone and it wasn't
him. The first thing that went through my head was something happened to him
and he is in the hospital. I am glad that that was not the case. He had been
in another room and his friend got his phone and said who is this? Tyrone
told him that it was me so his friend called me back. He started off with a joke
about the school pulling my name out of a hat of contact names. Me and
Tyrones friend got to talking and I said yeah I plan on coming down in Jan.
He said why is it only a plan and I said because I don't have the money yet.
He said let me tell you how to get the money I said Hows that he said
"Pray." I said amen your right. We talked for a little bit then he gave it
to Tyrone and Tyrone asked (during his friend and my conversation he had gone back into another room) do you have
the money to come yet I said no he said "pray and God will give it in a
miracle" I said your right and we talked for a bit he said to call a couple
times a week and let him know how it is going I said I would do that. He
told me he loved me and that he knew I would see him in January. I got off
the phone and said dad I know that I don't have the money yet but to sign me
up because I know that one way or another I was going.

God uses the people down there just to bless me anytime I talk to any of
them. And I am already thankful for the school God has set in my heart to go
to because I now know more than ever that it is meant to be the school I go to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Its really good to be settled on God's will for this area of your life! Awesomeness! Yep...just keep on praying, and He will work everything out to His honour and glory! I know its been a while since you posted that (I'm a little slow with reading posts lately), but just be sure to keep us all up to date on how everything's going! :)

• Members

Up to date ok.

I have been supplied the money throught church people and christmas money I received. I have bought my plan ticket. I leave on Sunday 14, which is less than 2 weeks away. My friend has agreed to pick me up at the airport. My grandmother has given my parents money to get the rental for when they come down. (I am driving back with them). My cousins found out about our plans of trvel back and they told us not to get a hotel that friday night but to stay with them. My grandmother also is trying to take off work that Thursday and Friday to watch my little sisters. Everything is falling into place alot better than what I thought. I am still scared about flying though. I have never flown before and I have to do it on my own. I am still really excited and can't wait for the next two weeks to go by so that I can't get down there.

• Members

I got a letter today from a friend that I wrote a couple weeks ago. I was telling him about my trip and how God was suppling everything so far but I could still use some more for my trip back and for gas. I told him I did not mean for it to sound like I was begging for money. His first line in his letters says you are not begging for money but reaching out to your friends that you know can help.

Inside the letter was a check for $25. Which is a lot of help when you think about it.

• Members

I got a letter today from a friend that I wrote a couple weeks ago. I was telling him about my trip and how God was suppling everything so far but I could still use some more for my trip back and for gas. I told him I did not mean for it to sound like I was begging for money. His first line in his letters says you are not begging for money but reaching out to your friends that you know can help.

Inside the letter was a check for $25. Which is a lot of help when you think about it.

That's great! :D