• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Long hair on women (again!)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

fine hair gets tangled quickly. my hair dresser combed my hair out then when they went to cut they could not believe it was already starting to tangle. my hair grows so fast that is also another comment I get when I go back and they can not believe that it grew that fast. with my hair cut really short it takes two years for it to be almost at my waist if I do not let sissors near it. at least I dont think I had the ends trimmed in that time?????

That's my problem. it grows so fast. But I hate to have long hair like my hippy aunt. her hair is down to her waist. I don't want people call me a hippy, because where I live have plenty of long-haired, tie-dyed, tree-hugging, "peace man", hippy people. Even my little brother and my cousin is one.

• Members

I am getting to the point that I need to braid my hair before I go to sleep, because it is long enough now that whenever I roll over it tends to wrap around my neck and make me feel as if I am choking.

I don't think it is sinful to wear your hair up in a simple updo - like a simple twisted bun fixed with a couple of hairpins or a simple french braid to keep it pulled back. I think the Bible warns about spending more time on our hair than we do on God.

I see too many women, even pastor's wives, who let everyone else, instead of the Holy Spirit, tell them how to wear their hair - chopped off or even shaved, died 3 shades of purple, sprayed and moussed, spiked, you name it, all in the name of "fashion". There are many lesbians who wear their hair like a man, flat tops, etc., and their hair statement says they are homosexual and proud of it. Most men will not speak out against it for fear of starting a battle about hair - it is a woman's last stand of independence it seems... "you can't tell me what to do - this is MY hair and I will wear it however I want to wear it!"

Well if one reads the scriptures, and allows the Holy Spirit to guide and direct, one will come to the conclusion that women should wear their hair long and luxurious. If God has blessed you with a beautiful head of hair, you should be proud of it!

• Members

I don't think it is sinful to wear your hair up in a simple updo - like a simple twisted bun fixed with a couple of hairpins or a simple french braid to keep it pulled back. I think the Bible warns about spending more time on our hair than we do on God.

Yes, that is it exactly. :) Thanks. :)

• Members

Glad to see another lady growing out hair... it took me two years to have mine look long... I like my long hair but ohhh the sleeping... it drives me crazy... I have really thick hair and if I sleep with a ponytail or braid it hurts like having hair pulled... if I loosen it... it falls out and all night I am feeling smothered with hair....

on the plus side ... it makes me feel more feminine... really makes a statement about my beliefs since almost no one wears their hair that long now ... and drum roll ... the savings at the hair dressers are wonderful.... one trim a year thank you...suggestions on the sleeping with long hair anyone.... pleaseeese... :?

The only thing that I can suggest is to braid your hair before you go to bed, perhaps a french braid. I try and stay in one position all night, if you toss and turn too much in your sleep it can damage your hair. So your sleep patterns make a difference too.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I braid my hair in two braids, sort of like Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie and I tie them with covered elastics on the ends and then I go to sleep. A little cotton nightcap (looks like a shower cap) with your hair tucked in also works. I had really long hair many years ago and that was what I did back in those days. Then I made the mistake of cutting my hair short, and I liked it at first, but then I was convicted to grow it back out again.

• Members

If a man can get a quick question in for the ladies to answer: What is considered long hair? I understand Katy-Anne advocates never cutting her hair, yet bamaAngel's picture shows shoulder-length. Is there a "standard" or at least a "minimum" length?

I'm asking this honestly, not to start any fights. Thanks,

Mitch

• Members

[quote]
I always felt that as long as it is long enough to make you look like a female.
[/quote]

That is pretty subjective. Many shorter hair styles are enough long to look like a female. This is a question I have never heard a really good answer to.

• Members

[quote="Tim"]
That is pretty subjective. Many shorter hair styles are enough long to look like a female. This is a question I have never heard a really good answer to.
[/quote]

It all depends on the person. What may be long to me may be short or normal length to you. But then what standard do we use to determine what is long or short since it differs with each person? There's your answer. :wink:

Love,
Madeline

• Members

[quote]
For example my wife's hair is longer than mine by far
[/quote]

The hair on the emoticons is (are?) longer than mine! :mrgreen: I lean toward the "long enough to look feminine" side, which I would consider shoulder-length and longer. No scriptural basis for that statement, just my preference.

Mitch