• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Long hair on women (again!)

• Members

Believe it or not, I have come to the conclusion (drum roll, please) that I should have long hair. I previously fought vehemently against this because I considered it legalism and a form of self-righteousness. Now I see that my cutting my hair was a symbolic rebellion against men in my life controlling me. So this is a big deal for me. And my bangs are in my eyes and driving me crazy. But I'm letting my hair grow as a symbol and crown of my femininity.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's totally awesome April! It's never legalism if it is what the Bible tells us to do. I actually personally believe it means that a woman should never cut her hair. You're doing good!

Katy-Anne

• Members

you know I never considered bangs before, that letting your hair grow long meant not having bangs. I have always had bangs if my hair was down below my ribs or above my shoulder. 2 years ago when I went for a wee haircut and before I knew it my hair that was midback was cut so short at the nape of the neck it was 1/4 in long and 5 in every where else, even though I did not ask for it to be anyshorter then my shoulders I felt embarrassed. He said he did it that short because It made me look younger that long hair ages a person. The only problem I had with it being that long was I remember when I was at Church and took a hat off it was floating in the air from static and was up in the air and in front of my face and driving me bonkers.

• Members

I have given up going to a salon for that very reason! My hair is long and healthy, my own God given natural color (grey highlights and all!), and I want it to stay that way. Hairdressers are trained in psychology to convince you that if your hair is a different color or a different style you will be prettier and happier, blah, blah, blah. That is how they make their money, honey.

You can ease fly away hair by using a dab of leave in conditioner, or diluting your regular conditioner with lots of water and spritzing onto your hair as needed.

• Members

fine hair gets tangled quickly. my hair dresser combed my hair out then when they went to cut they could not believe it was already starting to tangle. my hair grows so fast that is also another comment I get when I go back and they can not believe that it grew that fast. with my hair cut really short it takes two years for it to be almost at my waist if I do not let sissors near it. at least I dont think I had the ends trimmed in that time?????