• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you go to the theatre?

How often do you go?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you go?

• Never
    • Rarely
    • Only if it's a clean movie
    • Once in a while
    • All the time

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Suit and Samo, walking with God is not an emotion, it is not an attitude, it is this: Walking with God means to read the Word, study the Word, Do the Word - that is what makes you close to God. You can't follow after the world and walk with God at the same time. You can't give in to the desires of the flesh and still walk in the spirit. BTW, I happen to be one of those "KJV loving morons" that you posted about in that other thread. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything! B.I.B.L.E. = Book of Instruction Before Leaving Earth.

Deuteronomy 5:33 Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.

Deuteronomy 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Joshua 22:5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Kings 8:23 And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:

1 Kings 8:25 Therefore now, LORD God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me.

1 Kings 8:61 Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

2 Kings 10:31 But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the LORD God of Israel with all his heart: for he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam, which made Israel to sin.

2 Chronicles 6:14 And said, O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:

2 Chronicles 6:16 Now therefore, O LORD God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit upon the throne of Israel; yet so that thy children take heed to their way to walk in my law, as thou hast walked before me.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said

• Members

47 % say they do not go to the movies.

But I had hoped that being this being a IFB group that it would be way over 50 % that never went to the movies.

I believe they would find true worship very dull.

Sunday morning, a man who is a deacon, used to be a member of our church, but moved to the local SBC church sometime before I became pastor, came to our Sunday morning preaching service.

He said I had to hear some real preaching. For 2 weeks our pastor has been on vacation, them this morning they had a program, no preaching.

• Members

The poll would be more to your liking if I could change my stupid vote...?

There was another guy in the Bible who wanted to sacrifice and worship God his own way too - only it wasn't God's way. His name was Cain - remember him and what happened to him? I bet he thought God was pretty narrow minded too.

1 Samuel 15:22 22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, TO OBEY IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

I can't believe that you two guys think God would stamp his approval on watching wickedness. To watch bad stuff and have it bothering your conscience because you know it's wrong is one thing, but to watch it and think it's aok with our Holy God makes me really wonder about you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, to start with, I don't play AOE anymore. I'm still up in the air over whether I think it is wrong or not, I'm tending to think it is. I didn't care for the blood and the necessity and ease of killing villagers in order to advance your empire. It tended to give me a feeling of power.

Shrek, on the other hand, is completely different. It's full of crude jokes and innuendo. I'm not sure how they passed it off as a kids movie.

• Members
Well' date=' to start with, I don't play AOE anymore. I'm still up in the air over whether I think it is wrong or not, I'm tending to think it is. I didn't care for the blood and the necessity and ease of killing villagers in order to advance your empire. [b']It tended to give me a feeling of power.

Shrek, on the other hand, is completely different. It's full of crude jokes and innuendo. I'm not sure how they passed it off as a kids movie.

thats the point of the game. why is that wrong?

• Members

Sorry, I don't have a verse for it that I can think of, maybe someone else can help me out. But I don't believe there is anything godly about a high stemming from a feeling of being all-powerful that comes from crushing and killing others under your army. Don't have a verse, but my spirit tells me there's a problem.

• Members

Are you speaking of Age of Empires II?

I play the Conquerors Expansion of Age of Empires II on rare occasion. I've never had the sense of feeling powerful or anything like that. To me, the game is more of a relaxing challenge than anything else.

However, I do agree that if playing any game makes one feel uncomfortable, or makes one feel they are doing something ungodly, or makes any aspect of a sinful nature rise up (pride, anger, etc.) then one is best to not play the game.

• Members

I voted that I go to the movie theater once in a [great] while; however, it's been quite a long time since I last went (so long that I actually can't even remember when or what I saw), because as Kitagrl pointed out, most if not all the movies that have come out are no good. The few good ones (which I could probably count on one hand) aren't worth going to a theater to see (might as well just wait until the DVD comes out).