• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

fairy tales

Guest Guest

• Members

Eeyore has lots of issues concerning his character. He murmurs, has a very negative attitude and seems to be to be a character who's very insecure.

Definitely in need of lots of sanctification. I know of a preacher who either quotes Eeyore or speaks like him whenever he tries to bring out a point about that kind of attitude.

Owl is rather self-important. Anyway, just my observations about these characters that I pick up whenever we go through some of these stories.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="BroJesse"]
Eeyore has lots of issues concerning his character. He murmurs, has a very negative attitude and seems to be to be a character who's very insecure.

Definitely in need of lots of sanctification. I know of a preacher who either quotes Eeyore or speaks like him whenever he tries to bring out a point about that kind of attitude.

Owl is rather self-important. Anyway, just my observations about these characters that I pick up whenever we go through some of these stories.
[/quote]

But that's life...my kids probably see just as much of that at church as anywhere.... :? (Not to mention their mother... :oops: :lol: )

• Members

What about The Three Bears? After you finish read The Three Bears to your child tell him or her that Papa Bear followed Goldilocks home and when her mom found out what she had done, Goldilocks was made to pay restittution to the Three Bears. The restitution could include Goldilocks read to the Baby Bear, teahing him to read, teaching him about Jesus fixing the chair she broke. In doing so, Goldilocks learns that what she did was wrong spiritually. JMO
Faithgirl

• Members

A parable is an illustration based on a real life scenario, i.e., "A certain man went down to, etc." Winnie the Pooh, Three Little Pigs, etc. are not true to life experiences. Only one time in human history do we have an animal talking. Balaams donkey.

It is a realistic illustration to use men as Christ did in his parables, but talking animals are not consistent with, "whatsoever things are true."

The problem with fables is they are often filled with foolish notions when good godly material is available to help in training our children. We are making little disciples. We want them to have fun and have healthy play, but we also want them to be sober minded.

We have raised the last couple of generations on alot of foolishness and lightness and we have a generation that does not know about the things of God. Even in solid, so called, fundamental churches, the youth are in a deperate way as never seen before. It is the little foxes that spoil the vine. We need to make changes in our children for the sake of the next generation of the Lord's church.

• Members

A parable is an illustration based on a real life scenario, i.e., "A certain man went down to, etc." Winnie the Pooh, Three Little Pigs, etc. are not true to life experiences. Only one time in human history do we have an animal talking. Balaams donkey.

Maybe it should be of a concern to us that the first time a talking animal showed up in the Bible, it was in Gen 3 and it was a talking serpent.

God used Balaam's donkey to Rebuke, while Satan used a talking serpent to Deceive.

• Members

Stories are good for kids imaginations. Stories have been told to children throughout every generation. It is not sinful to imagine castles and princesses and stuff like that. I think it expands your mind.

We would never have the lightbulb or many other things if we didn't have dreamers in this world.

• Members

Talking animals are really dangerous for child development, it blurs the line between human- and animal kind. It opens door for evolution and animal activism. I know people who are deep in sin because of talking animals, it can lead to all sorts of problems. I saw a Microsoft Agent page which had a talking animal character on it, I was pondering is is bad or good, from reading this board I can bring to my mind to its conclusion that those things are not good. To same category I would add all of human like animal drawings. I personally like cartoon art in my flesh but all things must be resisted. "1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil." I do not see how talking animal characters or other human like animals could be good instead of evil because God has made men and God has made animals and combining them is not good. There are few talking animals in the Bible, Serpent is from power of Satan and the donkey from power of God, when God did it, it was a miracle which testified for power of Lord, cartoons, fairy tales and art trivialize it, it shows that animal could talk without some kind of supernatural power thus bringing children's mind in wrong conviction about the uniqueness of man. I have seen that from experience how people can get on wrong tracks from such things.

• Members

Talking animals are really dangerous for child development, it blurs the line between human- and animal kind. It opens door for evolution and animal activism. I know people who are deep in sin because of talking animals, it can lead to all sorts of problems. I saw a Microsoft Agent page which had a talking animal character on it, I was pondering is is bad or good, from reading this board I can bring to my mind to its conclusion that those things are not good. To same category I would add all of human like animal drawings. I personally like cartoon art in my flesh but all things must be resisted. "1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil." I do not see how talking animal characters or other human like animals could be good instead of evil because God has made men and God has made animals and combining them is not good. There are few talking animals in the Bible, Serpent is from power of Satan and the donkey from power of God, when God did it, it was a miracle which testified for power of Lord, cartoons, fairy tales and art trivialize it, it shows that animal could talk without some kind of supernatural power thus bringing children's mind in wrong conviction about the uniqueness of man. I have seen that from experience how people can get on wrong tracks from such things.
I think that this is taking it a bit to far :roll:

• Members

Animals talked occasionally in the Bible.... :?

My kids know very well that animals can't really talk and that its just a silly story. Any kid who's ever seen a dog or cat should be able to figure that out.

This is getting weird.