• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

fairy tales

Guest Guest

• Members

Then we should stop believing in science, because of the subculture surrounding Star Trek and Star Wars. Or maybe we should stop believing in God, because of folks like Son of Sam who say God tells them to kill.

Not picking on you, Finlander, but let's be reasonable.

As always, some people take hobbies and interests to extremes, especially when they're looking to fill the spiritual void in their lives. Everything in moderation, unless specifically prohibited in Scripture.

Mitch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Years ago, much to my dismay, I was reading a Berenstain Bears book to my kids...and a warning bell went off in my head as I read the story. I retraced the tale and noticed how many times Papa would be reprimanded by Mama and made to look dumb. Then I looked at book after book in the series. He was ridiculed and it was like Mama was the smart one. Yet, those books claim to teach such good principles. Satan slips a lot of suggestions into children's books.

Wow! I didn't realize the "Mommy smart, Daddy dumb" message was so prevalent even in childrens' books back in the 70's (or whenever the Berenstain Bears books were written). I know it's rampant today though, which is sad -- and so many women (even Christian women) wonder why they can't find men willing to marry them. :roll

• Members

Yeah, it's getting harder and harder to find girls that don't try to run the show. Unfortunately, that is what is pushed today and saved or unsaved, men still have the natural desire to have a wife who is under his authority.

Hey! I don't wanna hear you talk like that again! You understand me? Now, go eat your supper before you starve! :lol: