• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Youth Activities

• Members

our church really didn't have youth activities..they just figured that the youth could hang out with the adults. so when we had activites we either had ladies only activities, men only activities, or church activities. not really any activities where the youth were alone or even just with one chaperone. i always liked this 'cause it didn't really separate the youth from other people in the church. we got to know all the members of the church really well at the activities, not just the young people. i have gone on youth activities with other churches though...volleyball games, and a picnic....but the best ones were when we'd go to nursing homes to sing, and out to pass out tracts and witness, caroling....but again those were with adults too...not really just a youth activity.

We kind of do that too, Rachel. In fact, a lot of times, like on Halloween where we rode in the backs of trucks and threw out bags of candy and tracts, the youth basically supervise the children that are allowed to go. Most of our youth are 20 or older, so we supervise the teens and the children. We had the youth pastor and another man driving the trucks and it was up to us to keep the order and keep track of the kids and teens. It teaches us responsibility, which is a big thing to our pastor.

Katy-Anne

I think some youth activities sometimes are ok but to have specific organized youth activities every so often like weekly or twice weekly, if not run properly, can make youth think that somehow they are in a special class all of their own that doesn't need to associate with children or adults. Thats how some in some church groups act, at any rate.

Katy-Anne

• Members

I really should clarify.

We did scavenger hunts, both regular and photo.

Ummm...softball, swimming, basketball, youth conferences, miniature golf, bowling, soulwinning, fixing up the yards of church widows, and a lot of other stuff.

• Members

When I went to them with my uncle we did things like a camp-out, volleyball, football, capture the flag, scavenger hunt and he always did a Bible lesson at the activities. I went with him on visitation once as well.

Yeah, my dad always did a devotion too.

• Members

Lasar tag, Scavanger hunts, bowling, Camp, and such.

At my church you have three teens a 19 year old that sometimes comes to these activities and then you get to my Parents ( dad is pastor and we don't have a youth pastor yet) and then the 50+ people who don't want to go play basketball or laser tag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to admit firstly that I don't really go to youth group anymore, as much as I'd like to. By the time Saturday night comes around, I'm exhausted from the week and really don't feel like running around.

The youth group at my church goes out and plays sports together, generally basketball, soccer and one other game (can't remember right now). They also have special occasions where they'll go out to bowling or laser shooting or something else fun.

We do have a Bible component, however. The youth meet on Wednesday nights to have Bible study in one of the homes of a family from church and it's all run by one of the young men. They don't do a lot of outreach or that sort of thing, but just a few weeks ago we pretty much had all of our youth group (about 5 people) go over to Vanuatu for a missions trip.