• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pray for Sojourner's Mom

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just got this email from Sojourner:

Hi Peggy,
There's been no change with Mother. She is still sedated and on the ventilator. Each time they've tried to bring her out of sedation, she just starts thrashing and her bp goes way up, so guess we'll have to try again tomorrow. They say this is not uncommon, but it was hard to watch a man walk out of here today that had the same triple bypass Mom had on Friday also, and she's still lying there unconscious. So please keep praying. We appreciate it so much and can feel the prayers of so many. God bless you!

• Members

Just an update on Mother. There has been little change in her condition. She was taken off all sedatives at 6:30am, but has yet to wake up very much as of tonight. She is still on a ventilator and continues to run a fever off and on. I hope to talk with her surgeon tomorrow and get some answers. Tomorrow will be the 6th day since her surgery.

My daughter & I came home tonight, and will be returning in the morning. The weather has turned snowy with 6+ inches expected tonight between here and Erie. Looks like it will be a long 135 mile drive. :( God is good, tho. May His will be done.

Please continue to pray.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Creekman/Miscellaneous/Mother2006.jpg[/img]

• Members

Just an update on my Mom. We were in to see her this morning and I can tell a big improvement, but she is still in ICU on a ventilator. They tried to wean her off it yesterday, but she didn't tolerate it well, so they will try again today. I think once they get that "brick" out of her throat, she will really start to make progress. She nods her head in answer to our questions and even smiles once in a while. Thank you for your continued prayers. God is good. God bless you all.

Sojourner

• Members

Dear Brother, you have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. Glad to hear there has been some improvement. I will continue to pray for your Mom and for you as you travel back and forth. How is your back holding up with all this driving?