• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kevin, are you a Mac-head?

• Members

Oh please don't use Mac and Dell in the same sentence. :freak:
You can upgrade Macs though and you can also upgrade Dells so...hehe

Afraid you're wrong Will. Mac is a much bigger prize to create a virus for than Windows. Windows has over 400,000 and people are still creating them. The person to create a Mac virus would be on the front cover of every computer magazine in the country. The thing is, it's almost impossible to create a virus for it because of the Unix-base. And Mac is more popular than you Windoze people would like to admit. :wink:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Afraid you're wrong Will. Mac is a much bigger prize to create a virus for than Windows. Windows has over 400,000 and people are still creating them. The person to create a Mac virus would be on the front cover of every computer magazine in the country. The thing is, it's almost impossible to create a virus for it because of the Unix-base. And Mac is more popular than you Windoze people would like to admit. :wink:

Sorry, you're wrong here. MAC does have some viruses, but they are a bit rare currently. But as I said, as MAC grows in popularity, there will be more and more viruses created for MAC comps.

• Members

:
My husband used Mac all his life and recently had a Dell a few years ago, . He built my computer in 2001, and been upgrading it since. he seriously think a homebrew built computer is the best. He is frustrated with Dell because it isn't as upgradable as my computer. He felt the same way when he had a Mac.]

Mac = Dell :frog

• Members

Well Will, if you are going to talk about a Mac like you know all about it, you've got to stop spelling it "MAC." :cool:

Mac = Dell :frog

*rips out hair*
The main difference between a Dell laptop and a Macbook is that a cheap Dell will last you for around a year before something blows up and a Macbook can last over 7 years and still be perfectly useable.

And I like to build my own as well if I put Linux on it but I like Mac a whole lot better and you can't put OS X on non-Mac hardware.

• Members

Well Will, if you are going to talk about a Mac like you know all about it, you've got to stop spelling it "MAC." :cool:

*rips out hair*
The main difference between a Dell laptop and a Macbook is that a cheap Dell will last you for around a year before something blows up and a Macbook can last over 7 years and still be perfectly useable.

And I like to build my own as well if I put Linux on it but I like Mac a whole lot better and you can't put OS X on non-Mac hardware.

I'll spell it however I want. :mrgreen:

http://www.macvirus.org

• Members

Interesting website...ipods shipped with a virus? I doubt it. lol And even then, it was a Windows virus. hehe

And the other one said you're safe as long as you don't run the executable. Macs don't run executables... :roll:

Fact is, there are MAC viruses. Admitting it to yourself is the first step.

• Members

You mean admitting it to you which I won't do. You won't convince me. And even if there was a virus, you would have to install it yourself and the amount of viruses would be very limited. :)

"Pride goeth before a fall, and a haughty MAC user before complete and total annihilation." Jude 2:7

There was one virus/trojan/worm that targeted iChat users. It had a very simple fix, and the only way to get infected was to be either dumb about iChat transfers, or be ignorant about UNIX package files. Either way, it took an ignoramus to actually get infected. It was basically a weakness in iChat, not OSX itself.

I surf all the time, I download stuff all the time (including questionable files and open source stuff) and I've never had an issue with any sort of malicious software. Ever. That, and it just works. I plug something in, and it works. My Mac reads to me, too. I'll bet yours doesn't do that! :frog