• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jerry

I thought that's what he said when he was on here last. Coz he was on here and other forums and whatever. Maybe I'm wrong though lol.

Katy-Anne

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Jerry is a valid member of this community and I would have thought that the community would have put in place a "[b]form[/b]" of James 2:15-16 [I do realise that the passage only speaks of food and clothing, but there is a principle here is there not?]

Do we not believe our brother to be in need? Or do we believe that we don't need his gift of exhortation? I know some don't care, others are so self absorbed, but are there any within this community that really care for this brother?

I pose this question then - what is this commnity going to do to help out this brother in Christ based on the 'principle' of James 2:15-16?

• Members

Well we don't know the full story. Jerry posted much of the time while at work. He also only went to the shelter on Fridays. Now he is going every day for some reason.

He hasn't been posting at all so I have to assume that he maybe isn't working for the same company anymore?

Does anyone know of a way to contact him besides this board or email (since his computer access seems to be the problem)? Maybe if someone could get ahold of him we could find out his needs.

• Members

Jerry is a valid member of this community and I would have thought that the community would have put in place a "form" of James 2:15-16 [i do realise that the passage only speaks of food and clothing, but there is a principle here is there not?]

Do we not believe our brother to be in need? Or do we believe that we don't need his gift of exhortation? I know some don't care, others are so self absorbed, but are there any within this community that really care for this brother?

I pose this question then - what is this commnity going to do to help out this brother in Christ based on the 'principle' of James 2:15-16?

He is doing ministry right now. I think this is what he want to do, and he probably think computer being broken down is a blessing for him. But I pray that he doesn't have any other trouble like health or money

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm scarce. Mountainview let me know y'all were wondering about Jerry.

Jerry is working basically 7 days a weeks now. He gets called in on his days off, so hence the 7 days. He is very worn out and is getting sickness in the lungs, but hopefully it will not develop into anything serious this time.

Computer access: He did use the library computer, but now has not time to get there, then a room mates computer for a bit, but that crashed.

After attempting to troubleshoot his computer, I brought it to the shop today. I was suspecting a hard drive or motherboard crash, and it appears to be the motherboard (the capacitors appear to be burned out.) The computer shop will call me next week with a quote. The other forum he belongs to donated some funds towards it, and I'm hoping it will cover, but I won't know till next week.

I will try to keep you all apprised.