• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We have HEAT again!

• Members

Our furnace died early Saturday morning. We had a company come out and see if it could be fixed, but they said no, it had to be replaced. So we had 3 companies come and give us bids on the job. The prices for a new furnace and all that goes with it ranged from $1800 - $3600. We chose a company that we felt most comfortable with with a charge of $2000. While working on the furnace, they realized that there was more work that needed to be done than originally planned. Since this work was not in the quote, they could have charged us $200 more. But, they decided not to charge us for it since the guy giving the quote missed the fact that this extra work needed to be done.

The really great thing about all of this is that if this would have happened last month, we would not have had the money to pay for it. We did Christmas with my in-laws on New Year's weekend. My FIL gave us a gift of cash that pays for most of this expense. I was not expecting this gift at all. We had plans of buying a new, nice digital camera with this money, but now, we will have to wait (again).

Anyway, we are thankful to have a new furnace, and also thankful that this winter has been mild so far, because without heat, the house got cold. Oh, we had a couple of space heaters that we used to warm up different rooms that we used most often, and when we were in the kitchen, we turned on the stove and had the door opened up a little for heat. But, through it all, we survived!

• Members

Amen, glad you got heat.

Christmas Eve Sunday Pastor stopped me and asked if I would look at a brothers furnace.
I said I would try but I am too busy.
Brother Gary and wife Jessica tried to get a furnace guy but no one would come Christmas Eve, I told them I would call as soon as I was done with relatives and see if they found someone.

I called Christmas Eve 9PM, Gary say's "Its 56 in here now, we will be ok till Tuesday.

I refused to waite, I went over, on the way I prayed that it would be simple and that no parts would be needed.
His pilot light had blown out.

God is Good!