• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Even with the register telling these young folks the amount of change to give, they often have a very difficult time actually figuring out which coins to use in order to get to the correct amount.

Many years ago, I worked part-time at Wal Mart. I don't know if it's still the same today, but back then, Wal Mart gave employees computer based training classes. One of the classes was about how to use a cash register. It would take you through a sales transaction...receiving payment...and giving change.

Part of what you were tested on was whether you gave the correct change or not; you had to tell the computer what bills and coins you would give the customer as their change. It would show you pictures of the bills and coins, and all you had to do was choose which ones would add up to the right amount of change.

I thought, "REALLY, they're testing us on this!!!"

I later found out that many employees (especially the young ones) had to re-take the class more than once because they couldn't get the right change.

:11backtotopic:

IMO, yeah technology has a negative effect somehow.... a lot of families are destroyed because of this. Most people love to face the pc instead of having a conversation with their loved ones.

Well, about the micro chip implant. Most will probably receive it.... imagine you can't buy something without it. Or most will have it just because they're being practical.

And also, things that seem harmless.... we don't really sense the danger in it. We must not be fooled easily.

1. Lev. 19:28- Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

I say the "mark" will be some sort of tattoo. This seems more in line with what the bible teaches about mark. I will tell you that years ago I worked at a company that made capacitors. Capacitors are little electronic parts that store and release energy. When you make the parts you print upon cermaic material palladium ink. This is a metallic ink that is at the heart of the storing and releasing of energy within capacitors. So these tattoos that will be printed upon people will be somekind of tracking tattoos that will have all the information about you.

Re 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

This was fulfilled in the past when in the dark ages one could not buy or sell if one did not have the papal mark of the beast, the sign of the cross, given by the priest on the forehead with the right hand of the priest. RCs today use the same sign by their right hand, beginning with the forehead.

Nice try, Invicta. We have not had the rest of the events of the book of Revelation come to pass - no worldwide ruler on that scale, no worldwide plagues, no battle of Armageddon, no return of Christ for His bride and to set His millenial kingdom.

Nice try, Invicta. We have not had the rest of the events of the book of Revelation come to pass - no worldwide ruler on that scale, no worldwide plagues, no battle of Armageddon, no return of Christ for His bride and to set His millenial kingdom.

None of the other suggestions need the right hand or the forehead. My cat has her chip on the neck and most other pets must have as well ast that is where the vet scans them. Unless she has a rabies jab and a pet passport, which she doesn't, the only use I can see for it is if she gets run over and the registered owner will get the remains back to dispose of, which will be the previous owner nwho had her chipped.

Re 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

This was fulfilled in the past when in the dark ages one could not buy or sell if one did not have the papal mark of the beast, the sign of the cross, given by the priest on the forehead with the right hand of the priest. RCs today use the same sign by their right hand, beginning with the forehead.

The "all" in such a case would have to mean only "all" in Europe then. That doesn't seem to be the case in the context of this verse.

This is a hilarious thought. You seem to forgot all the people in the world at that time who were not under the power of the pope. Like, say, the Chinese and Mongolians.

This is a hilarious thought. You seem to forgot all the people in the world at that time who were not under the power of the pope. Like, say, the Chinese and Mongolians.

The "all" in such a case would have to mean only "all" in Europe then. That doesn't seem to be the case in the context of this verse.

Ther book of Revelation is a history of the church and its tribualtions, mainly its sufferings under Rome.

Not according to the Bible. After 4:1, the book mostly deals with those who become believers after the church is taken out of this world. Either way, the events are still future, and still worldwide as the book clearly shows.

Not according to the Bible. After 4:1, the book mostly deals with those who become believers after the church is taken out of this world. Either way, the events are still future, and still worldwide as the book clearly shows.

That does not say the church will be removed, or that the events are still future, " and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." that is after the things which were, chaps 1-3 Edited by Invicta

Are you meaning they haven't reached the age of accountability? Because that's the only SURE "protection" I know of. Babies and children are abused all kinds of ways today. They are NOW at the mercy of wicked adults. Do you have Biblical proof that babies or small children will not be forceably 'marked"??

9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Suppose such a person has the "mark of the beast" but refuses to worship him? Read the word carefully.....each and every single word is put there for a REASON. The Bible uses the conjunction. "and" . That looks to me like BOTH must be done.

Also notice that other single word "receive". When you "receive" something, isn't it usually done willingly?
Of course, I would advise refusing BOTH.

Read Revelation 14 look closely at verse 11. Look at the list and see who will be in torment for ever and ever and not have rest.

1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

The word "and" is in verse 11 five times. Does that last "and" in that verse agree with your post? "and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

In Rev 14:11 there is a single word....."Receiveth"

Receive
Word Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English receven < Old North French receivre < Latin recipere, equivalent to re- re- + -cipere, combining form of capere to take
If you come to my front door and I "receive you", that means I voluntarily allow you into my house.
Revelation 14 does not say that everyone who "HAS" or "POSSESSES" a mark. It says ":receiveth" the mark. When you are a baby, about the only thing you are going to willingly and voluntarily "receive" or "take" is a breast or a bottle. if your parents lived in the tribulation, and as soon as you were born, they took you to the autorities and some "mark" put on your body, without your consent or even the ability to consent, would the same God of Deuteronomy 24:16 send you to eternal damnation for it? No, God is only going to send people to Hell for THEIR willful sin.

In Rev 14:11 there is a single word....."Receiveth"

Receive
Word Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English receven < Old North French receivre < Latin recipere, equivalent to re- re- + -cipere, combining form of capere to take
If you come to my front door and I "receive you", that means I voluntarily allow you into my house.
Revelation 14 does not say that everyone who "HAS" or "POSSESSES" a mark. It says ":receiveth" the mark. When you are a baby, about the only thing you are going to willingly and voluntarily "receive" or "take" is a breast or a bottle. if your parents lived in the tribulation, and as soon as you were born, they took you to the autorities and some "mark" put on your body, without your consent or even the ability to consent, would the same God of Deuteronomy 24:16 send you to eternal damnation for it? No, God is only going to send people to Hell for THEIR willful sin.

Received is the Greek word "lambano" which does mean receive,take,have and to catch. That same God says we are condemned already if we don't believe in Jesus. It isn't our sins it is unbelief. Indeed babies are safe, "whosoever" in verse 11 is the same word "whosoever" used in John 3:16. I'm not going to assume that babies will get that mark. Just as Im not going to assume that babies are saved the same way as those who "whosoever" trust in Christ. Jesus does say in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 "But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days." If you are at the age of accountability, whether you believe in the antichrist or not and you have that mark. you are considered a "whosoever" period. Babies wouldn't get a mark any way, they don't have the capacity to by or sell nor to believe. By the time the great tribulation ends the oldest child that was born would be 6 years 3 months old or a little older depending how premature they are. It isn't a forced mark anyway, if you don't receive it you will be beheaded. They won't tie you down and or bind you and make you get a mark. Or the bible would say the beast imprisoned all the world and marked them against their will. I doubt there will be any practical jokers during that time, knocking people out laughing as they give them the mark. It will be everyone for themselves. You can get the mark and not worship the beast. Here is the question if getting the mark is your only means of getting food who are you "trusting" in to proved for your needs? That beast who owns that mark or God? Trust is the key word here. Edited by Kleptes

And just to provoke us to thought, the Tribulation does not have to be 7 years, only the covenant does. The only time period described in the Revelation is the 1260 days, and a time, and times, and half a time. We're used to the 7 year scenario, but what if the Great Tribulation was a very short time? Consider:

Matt. 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

When you compare John's 1260 days with Daniel's 1290 days you have a 30 discrepancy.

Dan. 12
[11] And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Zechariah said God would destroy the three bad shepherds in one month, (30 days.)

Zech. 11
[8] Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

Isaiah also said it would be a little moment.

Isaiah 26
[20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
[21] For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Honestly, think about it, could the Earth endure 1260 days of God's unquenchable wrath? Any answer besides, no, is crazy.

Just some food for thought.

Bro. Ben

Edited by PreacherBen

Anyone lefted behind was not a Christian. The two witnesses will most likely be Moses and Elijah. Both Jews.

Anyone lefted behind was not a Christian. The two witnesses will most likely be Moses and Elijah. Both Jews.

It can also be ELIJAH and ENOCH... Both never died. So maybe they are the two witnesses so that their bodies can die. :)
They were both "RUPTURED" in their time. Their bodies disappeared. So maybe, since the two witnesses will be KILLED[their bodies being done away with.] and will be seen alive and resurrected again, right?

I am not sure about this. It's prophesy. Edited by Celina Capalad

The great tribulation will be 3 1/2 years long. Before that there will be a period of time called Jacob's trouble (aka the beginning of sorrows) that will run for the same amount of time. The beast will show up after the first 3 1/2 years which will kick off the tribulation. We usually call the whole seven years the tribulation but according to Jesus the great tribulation won't start until the abomination is set up in the temple. This will occur in the middle of the "week" (aka seven years).

Edited by Wilchbla

How important is it to study prophesy?

It is important to read prophecy along with our reading of the rest of the Bible, but just as our reading of the sacrificial rituals points us to Jesus & his atoning sacrifice, so the reading of OT prophecy will show us Jesus in types & shadows - that is fully explained in Hebrews. Heb. 8:5 ... the example and shadow of heavenly things ... Jesus in Luke 24 showed his disciples how all that he suffered, & accomplished by his death, was according to prophecy.

You will read, on this forum & elsewhere, a great deal of speculative interpretation about the fulfilment of prophecy in a future tribulation & future dispensations. You may even hear it preached on in your church. That line of interpretation is not helpful.

It is important to read prophecy along with our reading of the rest of the Bible, but just as our reading of the sacrificial rituals points us to Jesus & his atoning sacrifice, so the reading of OT prophecy will show us Jesus in types & shadows - that is fully explained in Hebrews. Heb. 8:5 ... the example and shadow of heavenly things ... Jesus in Luke 24 showed his disciples how all that he suffered, & accomplished by his death, was according to prophecy.

You will read, on this forum & elsewhere, a great deal of speculative interpretation about the fulfilment of prophecy in a future tribulation & future dispensations. You may even hear it preached on in your church. That line of interpretation is not helpful.

And I for one, intend to keep preaching it until Jesus comes...because it is the truth of God's Word for the future. In fact, it teaches none other.

It's important to study the whole Word of God. Equally important is not becoming fixated or overfocused upon one aspect of Scripture. Some folks spend years or most of their lives reading and studying about little more than some aspects of prophecy, missing the real point of prophecy and the meat of the Word we are to live by.

Paul wrote regarding the Old Covenant Scriptures (OT):
2 Tim. 3:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished u
nt
o all good works.

Note the purpose & result of that study. Certainly there are plenty of warnings about the future, but the specifics of futurism are read into Scripture. Beware of anyone who uses the so-called "Scofield Bible." Much of dispensational teaching comes from Scofield who popularised the teachings of Darby. Scofield was worse than an infidel - his wife divorced him for abandoning her & their children.
1 Tim. 5:8
if any provide n
ot
for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Scofield became the standard study Bible issued to Bible college students through the 20th C, & so dispensational teaching became the standard fundamentalist doctrine. Edited by Covenanter

Paul wrote regarding the Old Covenant Scriptures (OT):

2 Tim. 3:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished u
nt
o all good works.

Note the purpose & result of that study. Certainly there are plenty of warnings about the future, but the specifics of futurism are read into Scripture. Beware of anyone who uses the so-called "Scofield Bible." Much of dispensational teaching comes from Scofield who popularised the teachings of Darby. Scofield was worse than an infidel - his wife divorced him for abandoning her & their children.

1 Tim. 5:8
if any provide n
ot
for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Scofield became the standard study Bible issued to Bible college students through the 20th C, & so dispensational teaching became the standard fundamentalist doctrine.

Forget Scofield. I have never followed that Presbyterian. The scriptures teach the dispensations and the literal, visible second coming of Jesus at the end of the world.

Bearing in mind that the primary test of prophecy is its fulfilment, there is no way that test can be used of futurist disp prophecy.

I encountered the disp system as a student, but my pastor showed me the historical method, by which particularly New Covenant prophecy can be seen throughout church history, particularly with the persecutions by the Roman Catholic Church, but also with the rise of Islam & the Muslim invasions. (Invicta is an advocate of that line of interpretation.) Further, we can see in the present apostasy the need to stand firm in Christ against evident spiritual warfare (Eph. 6) & 'end times warnings. (2 Tim. 3) This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

While there is obvious benefit in seeing prophecy fulfilled in church history, I am now not convinced that that line of interpretation is correct. Just as we can see the fulfilment of OT prophecy in the NT, so we can see NT prophecy being fulfilled in the first century, partuclarly in the AD 70 destruction of Jerusalem & the temple. (Mat. 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, 2 Thes. 2.)

In Revelation, John begins by telling his readers (companions in tribulation) that the time as at hand. He further describes the destruction of Jerusalem & the temple in Rev. 11. And who are the 2 witnesses? Jesus in Luke 16 refers to Moses & the Prophets - aka the Scriptures.

Forget Scofield. I have never followed that Presbyterian.
Trouble is his evil influence is very pervasive.

The scriptures teach the dispensations and the literal, visible second coming of Jesus at the end of the world.
Certainly his literal, visible second coming at the end of the world, for resurrection & judgement, & to bring about the new heaven & new earth. Dispensations don't get a mention in Scripture, except when used for ministry, & for the one final, eternal dispensation:
Eph. 1:
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, b
ot
h which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: