• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bill Gaither and the Southern Gospel Crowd

PreacherBen

I don't get how Southern Gospel music is disorderly or sensual. That is just opinion. I have never wanted to dance to a Southern Gospel song. I have raised my hands in one of the songs at one point, but that is Biblical. Lively music is Biblical. There are so many verses about it, but none that prove the point that you are trying to make.

Katy-Anne

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am talking about the rock beat. Not the genre or lively music. CCM supporters equate lively music with rock music. Lively music=music that makes you feel good.

I write lively music and I've heard a lot of lively music without a driving rock beat. Classical music is lively once you learn to enjoy it. :D

Just because there is a drum in something doesn't make it a "rock beat". And all that stuff about beats really is just stretching the whole music thing too far with no evidence.

Katy-Anne

• Members

Without evidence? :?

I thought there was quite a lot of evidence. The rock beat didn't exist outside of Satanic worship until it started infiltrating into our secular music in the 20th century and eventually into the church. The only cultures that I can think of that use the repetitive drum beat(rock beat) in their traditional music are the Africans and the American Indians, both of which use them in their occultic rituals and chants. I was watching an American Indian chant yesterday and was surprised how much their dancing mimicked that of modern dance to rock music. Not much has changed...just the perception of it. :roll:

Trust me Kevin, while you may think that it's only you and those that agree with you that want to bang your heads against the wall, let me assure you that those of us that can't get through to you feel exactly the same way. :D

Katy-Anne

• Members

Trust me Kevin, while you may think that it's only you and those that agree with you that want to bang your heads against the wall, let me assure you that those of us that can't get through to you feel exactly the same way. :D

Katy-Anne

Except we have facts and Scripture on our side whereas you have "it's not in the Bible" on your side. :wink:

• Members

The problem is, when a person doesn't want to hear it, everything Scriptural will be "taken out of context." And God's character is illustrated in nature so science is not irrelevant. Anything that promotes disorder or sensuality is wrong. Rock music has its origins in satanic worship, anyone who won't admit that fact hasn't studied music.

How about the music scholars who dispute that idea? Rock music is a relatively new invention, only the past 60 years or so.