• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bill Gaither and the Southern Gospel Crowd

PreacherBen

• Members

I have been greived for years over the Southern Gospel music industry. So often, especially here in the South, pastors really give rock, Christian rock, and CCM the dickens, but leave Southern Gospel music alone.

We would cringe if someone wanted to sing a Christian rap song, or a Christian jazz song, in a conservative congregation, but we make excuses when it comes to the Southern Gospel crowd. Just to give you a peak into Satans true colors in the SGM crowd read the following article about Bill Gaither and his allegiance to the Southern Gospel Sodomites.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/marsha_stevens.htm

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was thinking today how it's interesting how the longer you are out from the bondage of rock music, the more you begin to like Godly alternatives like classical music. My sister has liked classical music for quite some time and I always thought she was crazy and that it was extremely boring. But she has had freedom from wrong music longer than I have. But now that I finally have had complete freedom for many months now, I'm finding myself enjoying the classical works more and more. :)

Some of the Marsha Steven's fiasco was taken out of context by people that don't like Gaither.

By the way, Southern Gospel music is awesome and should not be prayed out of a place. It has spoken to my heart so many times.

Katy-Anne

• Members

Katy-Anne,
You are young in the faith, I know you. You need to mature in the faith and in discernment in regards to true Christian godliness. Do some research, there are many godly preachers who expose the evil of Southern Gospel Music. Yes, there are a few performers who are more careful, but they are the rare exception in a cess pool of carnal wickedness.

We should not choose from the gray, but from the world godly light.

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

• Members

Is martha gay or is she not? If she is, then nothing is taken out of context. That is an abomination.

Funny, KatyAnne, how a few years ago you would be staunchly against wrong music, now you are staunchly for it. Which means you aren't staunch at all. :wink:

Yes but I don't believe that Southern Gospel music is the wrong kind of music. It is the right kind of music.

Preacher Ben, I have heard the arguments about music, if any of them were truly Biblical I might be interested. But the best someone can do is rip some verses out of context and then elaborate with "science".

Suzy, Marsha Stevens is indeed a lesbian. What I am saying there is that there is some stuff floating around that indicates that Gaither did not know this before he had her sing at his concert. If he did know it, then he was wrong. It's just that I have seen both sides of this story.

I am definitely against the wrong kind of music, but don't believe that Southern Gospel is the wrong kind of music with any stretch of the imagination.

Katy-Anne

• Members

I think music usually boils down to how willing you are to sacrifice your personal desires for the sake of Christ. If you aren't willing to sacrifice worldly music, it won't matter how much Scripture, logic or anything else is presented because your mind won't change. Which is why we always go around in circles.

I'm willing to sacrifice any music God shows me is wrong, and I have done so in the past. But to throw something away just because someone else says it's wrong, that I will not do. If someone can show me Scripture that isn't taken out of context and present more than just a "scientific" argument, I'll take it to the Lord and seek out what He would have me do.

I've gotten rid of any worldly music that I had, I now only have Christian music. I was willing to give up my worldly music for God and I did so.

Katy-Anne

• Members

The problem is, when a person doesn't want to hear it, everything Scriptural will be "taken out of context." And God's character is illustrated in nature so science is not irrelevant. Anything that promotes disorder or sensuality is wrong. Rock music has its origins in satanic worship, anyone who won't admit that fact hasn't studied music.