• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Love Offering

• Members

Those who have been on my mailing list for some time know that I have never asked for money for myself but from time to time I run into others who have needs and give you the opportunity to minister through giving. A preacher friend of mine has had double bypass and like many pastors had no medical insurance. We can debate the wisdom of that but it is a common thing especially among pastors of small or struggling churches.

Anyway, I have nearly 1100 folks on my mailing list and I am posting this on a few forums that I frequent. If everyone sent at least a $1 it would be a help but of course the more the better. My wife had a bypass 10 years ago and it was a $45,000 bill. I expect it is a bit higher now. If you would like to help please send an offering to the address below. Thanks and blessings to y'all. If you can't give, please pray that others will and that he will heal completely and quickly.

Lighthouse Baptist Church
ATTN: Dr. Park's Medical Offering
2000 Sixteenth St.
Garland, TX 75041

• Members

Praying for this Pastor, and will pray about sending a gift. Things are kind of tight right now, but I've found that when ever I give to others or to the Lord, especially when it seems like I can't afford to, God always blesses in return far above what ever I gave.

• Members

I just had a thought, I wonder if the hospital he's in has any sort of charity program for helping people without insurance. Many hospitals do I think. Several years ago, when I was living in Maine, I had to have my gall bladder out. I had no job and no insurance. But the hospital had a charity program, so I applied for help. My whole hospital bill of $13,000 was paid. It might be something for your Pastor friend to look into.

• 3 weeks later...