• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is anyone having this problem?

• Members

BroMatt

I need your help. I am again having the "Invalid Session" error message when I post. I have to enter the submit button between 3 and 6 times before a post will go through.

I am also having a graet deal of frustration with not being able to move around the board with ease. I get "Time Out" errors and "Server Errors." I has become so bad that it is affecting my fellowship on OB. Oh BTW, I only get these errors on OB and I get them with my PC and my Mac.

No one else seems to be having these problems. Are you able to help me?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just remembered when you mentioned about it happening when you submitted posts. I actually did have that happen to me a while back for a few days but I would only have to submit it twice for it to work. I never got any of the other errors though and the other problem went away a few days afterwards.

• Members

I have problems with slow posting sometimes at night, if I wait it will finally go through but it might take 1-2 minutes. Also at night I will occasionally have a problems navigating the site. i.e. Post are slow to open and slow to load. I have only seen this problem late night and early morning.

• Members

You are probably using using an ISP that uses some kind of proxy servers (if your isp boasts "speed boosting" capability, this would be the cause). Most dialup providers do this, even if they don't advertise it.

What happens is you connect to your ISP which directs you to a server, and that server connects to BroMatts server, gets the information on your behalf, caches it, and then sends it back to you. But since there are so many users connecting to the ISPs server- they often have multiple servers running, and balance their load by passing you off to another proxy server. When you get passed off while surfing or posting on OB, it can lead to problems- particularly with session validation.

Without getting too technical, the message board gets confused (through no fault of its own) because of the way your ISP does stuff on its end. The only way BroMatt can fix this (assuming this is the problem) is by weakening the security of phpBB (the message board software), and that's probably not such a good idea. The real problem, however, would be your ISP. You might want to consider switching, if this turns out to be the case.