• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Calling

• Members

I want to give praise and ask for prayers.

I have been spending alot of time meditating on the word and praying lately. I have been led in a direction, and I believe I have been shown my calling by the Lord.

Some people are called to minister, teach, and a host of other things.

I have been called to do something that may be one of the hardest things for me to do.

I have been struggling alot with issues of acceptance, love, and being judgmental. I have seen how I have fallen short in loving everyone unconditionally.

The Lord has been speaking tome on this alot.

I have a good amount of tattoos, and look different from most people at my church. I spent some time as a homeless street punk, and then Joined the Military. I tend to be an outsider at my church, and everywhere I go. When I first stared going to my church people assumed I was not right with God, lost and on drugs because of what I assume is my tattoos. The way I was treated started to put me off but I realized I was harboring ill feelings over these things and that was my sin.

[b]Now to what my calling is:[/b]

I feel God wants me to be there for people like myself who happen to have lived in some undesirable situations, and happen to look different. I feel he has called me to be a friend to them, and someone who will make them feel at home in the church, and someone that will love them.

He wants me to be the one to show them that they can come in despite their past and who they are and be loved. I am compelled to just show love and be a friend and this may be hard for me, so please keep me in your prayers.

• Members

Do they judge you because you try to defend your tattoos? People who take pride in tattoos sometime get harsh judgement. You have to give them some credit for showing concerns that you may not be saved. do you tell them you regret it and hope no one get one (a sign of repentence). It usually helps if you show them your repentence or whatever you call it. If they can't accept that, then you are in the wrong church.

Tell them that unless they can come up with some money so you can have them removed not to pay any attention to your tattoos.

I am sorry they are treating you that way :(

I will be praying. I think it would be great for you to reach out someone like you. kinda like how Deaf people reach out deaf people.

• Members

No conversation had come up about my appearance or anything else at that matter. I had just moved to the area and No conversation whatsoever had occurred I was just approached that way.

I do not tell people I regret it, I don't think I talk about it. I do not think discussing legalism of tattoos was the point.

I think the point is more or less that I have seen a large amount of discrimination in churches and I don't think the church or the Christians there see it or realize it. I feel that I am called to be there for them without judgmental eyes and comments. They don't need to walk into church to be treated like a novelty or an outcast. What people need is for someone to welcome them with open arms so they can get to know the Lord. I feel I am called to be someone to welcome them so that can occur. For all people, not just a certain type.

• Members

I feel God wants me to be there for people like myself who happen to have lived in some undesirable situations, and happen to look different. I feel he has called me to be a friend to them, and someone who will make them feel at home in the church, and someone that will love them.

He wants me to be the one to show them that they can come in despite their past and who they are and be loved. I am compelled to just show love and be a friend and this may be hard for me, so please keep me in your prayers.

You are blest.

Many people don't understand this. At times I didn't understand why the Lord allowed things to happen in my life but now I know that it was to make me a stronger Christian and also to help others that are stuggling with with similar issues.

• Members

It is an underwhealming thing because my pride wants to say I've been called to teach, preach, lead, but no. He just wants me to be a friend. Now the worst part is I think that one little thing is harder for me than most anything.

God seems to be addressing the problem with me alot in my time I spend with him each morning. He seems to have me focusing on love and being judgmental. I was getting to a point where I was judging other Christians for their faults when all along I was having alot of the faults myself I just choose not to see them or how they were manifesting. God has shown me that I am to look inside me and not at others. This is a hard thing.