• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tithe

• Members
Sorry, I did not realize I had also made an error in my last post too.

The context of that chapter IS tithing, not giving an offerring. It refers to the OT laws about tithing - so that the priests and levites (the OT men of God) and their families were taken care of. To make that refer to anything else other than tithing is simply to disregard the Old Testament.

Yer making too many errors. In your zeal to be right, you reprimand me for something that you should not have.

Above, I posted at 8:17 and you edited your prior post at 8:29 from 1 Corinthians 8 to say 1 Corinthians 9 admitting a typo. But then, you blast me for not reading that it had been changed directly after my 8:17 post.

Is it that important to you to be right that you must falsely accuse me?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
And if Proverbs 3:9,10 included money as tithe, then God has lied. My mother tithed money all her life. I figured out last night in the last 10 years alone, she has given the Church more than 15,000 dollars.

She does not own a house, nor land. She lives in her sister's house. She is living on a monthly Social Security check because the church she tithes to does not even follow biblical principal to take care of the widows. Sounds like her barns are full, right?

Churches are to take care of WIDOWS INDEED. Ones that don't have the support structure of people like sons (for example) that are alive and should be supporting their parents.

Honestly, there seems to be a lot of luggage with your belief here, so I am just going to say, I hope you find peace in your journey with God.

• Members

I am unable to care for my mother. I am drawing disability myself due to blood problems and blindness. So don't try to put the guilt of caring for my mother on me. I do what I am able to do.

One must take care of family first; which I do my best at. If one is taking money to the Church and letting his family go hungry, or bills unpaid, Paul declares that one to be worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

That again shows the firstfruits the Lord requires is not one's money.

• Members
I am unable to care for my mother. I am drawing disability myself due to blood problems and blindness. So don't try to put the guilt of caring for my mother on me. I do what I am able to do.

One must take care of family first; which I do my best at. If one is taking money to the Church and letting his family go hungry, or bills unpaid, Paul declares that one to be worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

That again shows the firstfruits the Lord requires is not one's money.

I suppose we could say a lot things would qualify someone as an infidel... purchasing luxuries, etc... would qualify folks for infidels, if their families basic needs and biblical mandates aren't being met.

• Members

true. But it is quite evident that money is not the firstfruits that God desires. My mother gave 10% of her income the 48 years I have been living, and she remains poor. Contrary to Scripture stating her barns would be full. Proves firstfruits is not money.

Pastors fleece the poor and get richer while the poor get poorer.

• Members
SFIC,

Wouldn't it be better to take these things to the LORD in prayer rather than come to a board like this and get nasty with your rhetoric???

This is just an observation from a bystander (myself).

Nasty? not nasty in the least. It is truth. Sometimes the truth hurts.

And why do you think I have not already taken it to the Lord in prayer?? It is He who has been revealing the truth to me of tithing not being money. Much study of His Holy Word and prayer has shown me this truth.

• Members
true. But it is quite evident that money is not the firstfruits that God desires. My mother gave 10% of her income the 48 years I have been living, and she remains poor. Contrary to Scripture stating her barns would be full. Proves firstfruits is not money.

And you expect us to believe that the Lord revealed this to you and your own experience has nothing to do with it?

I also wanted to point out that earlier you made some sort of statement about the tithe not existing in the church until the 18th century or some such thing.

http://www.ccel.org/search?category=fulltext&qu=tithe

Chrysostom, and many other historical saints made many statements on the tithe, feel free to research them. (I just gave the link as a starting place in your search).

• Members

I'm going to assume you're not referring to all pastors. Since you are being very specific with wording in defending your cause, then you should be just as careful when making blanket statements like this.

• Members

I ain't worried about enemies. The Lord is on my side. Lookng through the 613 Levitical laws, I find very few dealing with tithes, and all that dealt with tithes had to do with produce or livestock. None had any to do with money except to sell tithes for silver if tithes for silver if they were too heavy and repurchase tithes once at the place God sent one.

Also tithes were not taken anywhere on 3rd and 6th year (wonder how pastors get by with telling congregation to break that one?).

Also that tithes were to be eaten by the priest and the tither. How come the pro-tithers don't preach or adhere to that one too?

Looks like they throw out the Biblical principles of tithing and write their own rules. That can make one enemies with God which is far worse than being enemy of man.