• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture Thought is Nuts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pastor has never mentioned Ruckman and I knew nothing of him until I found him online. Don't make assumptions about things you have no clue about.

I'm sure that's a great place to find out about people: Google them. Riiigghhht. Maybe if you read some of his material instead of listening to everyone else, like Cloud, then you'd find out some truth. I met the guy, I've read some of his books. I actually have a leg to stand on when criticizing the guy.

And if you can't find the verses about divorce in your own Bible, try searching the Greek. :cool:

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
(I Timothy 3:2)

Ok, one wife. He has one wife, in case someone told you different. The other ones, by law, are no longer his wives; both of them divorced him anyhow! You find me a verse that says that a divorced man can't be a pastor, and I'll concede the point. But in all my years of reading, studying and discussing the Bible, I've yet to see a solid argument against divorced pastors. I'm not saying that it's a good thing; God forbid! But it happens, and God forgives; too bad the IFBs won't.

And stop making assumptions about Kubel as well. We don't go around finding stuff we don't like about people. But we do have facts. And you used the same plagiarizing cop-out on me last year. Confront what it says if you are man enough. No amount of Scripture will prove his strange theology.

Well, being that I'm the only person that actually posted Scripture in reference to the discussion, I'm afraid the burden of proof is actually on you.

It's not a cop-out: it's stating that someone plagiarized something that is expressly forbidden, and it happens with stunning regularity. And I find it interesting that THAT VERY PAGE is at the VERY TOP of the Google search results for "Ruckman."

I've rebutted that page so many times that thinking about it makes me sick. The trash that Cloud says on that page is nauseating. But I don't think you're really interested in learning anything, even though you tell me to "confront it" if I'm "man enough." Seems sorta' childish to me.

Why is it whenever anyone brings up Ruckman it turns into a major bashing session?

Yes, I've noticed that myself...no one hates Metzger like they hate the Doc, but Dr. Ruckman is a Bible-believing Christian, whereas Metzger is one of the biggest Bible critics in the world!! Seems very messed up to me.

• Members

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
(I Timothy 3:2)

Ok, one wife. He has one wife, in case someone told you different. The other ones, by law, are no longer his wives; both of them divorced him anyhow! You find me a verse that says that a divorced man can't be a pastor, and I'll concede the point. But in all my years of reading, studying and discussing the Bible, I've yet to see a solid argument against divorced pastors. I'm not saying that it's a good thing; God forbid! But it happens, and God forgives; too bad the IFBs won't.

In God's sight, he is still married to his first wife. God clearly states that if a man divorces, he is to remain unmarried. He is the husband of three wives, or whatever number he is on now. He is NOT the husband of one wife. A marriage, in God's sight, is for as long as both are alive.

But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
(I Corinthians 7:11)

• Members

:goodpost:

No doubt...does anyone here have a pastor that doesn't encourage this :?

Bakershalfdozen wrote:
Get back on topic folks! :B

What was the topic? :lol:

Uh-oh, Baker's has a bat! :hide

Do you mean there are specific topics :?

:oops: I didn't see the bat :hide :face:

• Members

The OP is about the Rapture but this thread has been degenerating into yet another Ruckman discussion. Anybody can do a search here and find out my personal feelings about Ruckman but as a moderator, I have to keep threads from turning into one of the many controversial topics we've had recently. Seems like every thread goes in certain directions these days...

The OP is about the Rapture but this thread has been degenerating into yet another Ruckman discussion. Anybody can do a search here and find out my personal feelings about Ruckman but as a moderator, I have to keep threads from turning into one of the many controversial topics we've had recently. Seems like every thread goes in certain directions these days...

I didn't bring the Doc up....not me, not me. :)