• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture Thought is Nuts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited it

But stuff changes during the Tribulation, just so you know. The Holy Spirit is GONE. Now? He's dwelling inside me. But then? Nope, He's no longer indwelling people, just like He didn't in the Old Testament. He came on Pentecost, and He'll leave with the Rapture.

Salvation doesn't always mean spiritual salvation. David prayed for salvation, but he didn't even know he had an eternal soul; he always equated his soul with his flesh. He was asking God to rescue him PHYSICALLY. So in the Tribulation, according to Revelation, Matthew, Hebrews and James, it will be works in addition to the faith of Jesus that will be required. It's extremely clear in Scripture.

John 1:9 simply says that Jesus is the light of the world to all men. There's nothing in there to say that someone during the Tribulation will be eternally sealed; that's for us today, not them. Stuff changes a lot more than most people realize.

Why would you need faith in the Millennium, when you can SEE Jesus on the throne in Jerusalem?

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Where's the faith in there? That's a gospel, but I'm not seeing 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 in that at ALL!

• Members

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

"Rev." Barbara is already showing herself to be unqualified to speak on biblical issues since Scripture is clear women should not hold such a position!

I've really studied this issue out to the best of my ability, even spending an entire year studying the Premil Rapture view.

Most of the other views seem obviously wrong to me. One or two of them make a few good points but their overall view fails to hold biblical water.

The Premil Rapture view, while not always expounded upon as well as it should be, is the only view that seems capable of holding biblical water.

While the fictionalized accounts of the Rapture/End Times as found in some books, movies, and even a game, might be capable of having some positive impacts, the ones I am familiar with are seriously flawed.

Where in Scripture do we find post-Rapture Christians banding together as a militant underground in order to oppose Satan and his forces?

The "Thief in the Night" trilogy, "Left Behind" franchise, as well as others, use this concept as a major theme.

In any event, a "Reverend" should pay heed to the Bible, the WHOLE Bible, and not judge biblical matters based upon outside sources.

^Ruckmanism^

I saw that the Bible clearly teaches this waaaayy before ever getting involved with anything having to do with the Doc. Don't even go there; you're just afraid of things you don't understand and can't disprove.

Oh, and maybe you should have included the little thingie at the TOP OF EVERY WAYOFLIFE PAGE:

These articles cannot be stored on BBS or Internet sites or sold or placed by themselves or with other material in any electronic format for sale, but may be distributed for free by e-mail or by print. They must be left intact and nothing removed or changed, including these informational headers.

• Members

I saw that the Bible clearly teaches this waaaayy before ever getting involved with anything having to do with the Doc. Don't even go there; you're just afraid of things you don't understand and can't disprove.

Already so sure no one can disprove you eh? We aren't afraid of him. We realize the danger of his false doctrine. He teaches heresy.

Already so sure no one can disprove you eh? We aren't afraid of him. We realize the danger of his false doctrine. He teaches heresy.

And, I'm sure your benevolent IFB pastor showed you where "Ruckman" was wrong, and how hateful "Ruckman" is and "Ruckman" has been divorced yada yada yada. Right, whatever. Gimme' some BIBLE.

I showed BIBLE VERSES about what I posted; Kübel simply plagiarized a web page that he probably found by Googling "Ruckman," and he liked that it was negative, so he slapped 'er up. Typical.

• Members

But stuff changes during the Tribulation, just so you know. !

It does indeed.

The Holy Spirit is GONE.

No, He isn't gone. He only steps aside so Satan can have a freer hand to do his evil work. The Holy Spirit is every bit as much here as He ever was.

Salvation doesn't always mean spiritual salvation. David prayed for salvation, but he didn't even know he had an eternal soul; he always equated his soul with his flesh. He was asking God to rescue him PHYSICALLY. So in the Tribulation, according to Revelation, Matthew, Hebrews and James, it will be works in addition to the faith of Jesus that will be required. It's extremely clear in Scripture.

Pretty far off the mark, there, Vince.

John 1:9 simply says that Jesus is the light of the world to all men. There's nothing in there to say that someone during the Tribulation will be eternally sealed; that's for us today, not them. Stuff changes a lot more than most people realize.

Why would you need faith in the Millennium, when you can SEE Jesus on the throne in Jerusalem?

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Where's the faith in there? That's a gospel, but I'm not seeing 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 in that at ALL

Mostly all errors there too. Maybe there is a little bit of Truth in it but it is so deeply imbedded in amongst all there erroneous doctrine to find it.

It does indeed.

No, He isn't gone. He only steps aside so Satan can have a freer hand to do his evil work. The Holy Spirit is every bit as much here as He ever was.

Verses? "Taken out of the way" is quite clear enough for ME, but I may just be too simple to understand the "deeper truths" of the "Greek."

Pretty far off the mark, there, Vince.

And I'm sure you don't have verses for that supposition either?

Mostly all errors there too. Maybe there is a little bit of Truth in it but it is so deeply imbedded in amongst all there erroneous doctrine to find it.

What I find strange is that AT LEAST 60% of my entire post was SCRIPTURE, yet you say "mostly all errors." Funny...

• Members

And, I'm sure your benevolent IFB pastor showed you where "Ruckman" was wrong, and how hateful "Ruckman" is and "Ruckman" has been divorced yada yada yada. Right, whatever. Gimme' some BIBLE.

I showed BIBLE VERSES about what I posted; Kübel simply plagiarized a web page that he probably found by Googling "Ruckman," and he liked that it was negative, so he slapped 'er up. Typical.

My pastor has never mentioned Ruckman and I knew nothing of him until I found him online. Don't make assumptions about things you have no clue about.

And if you can't find the verses about divorce in your own Bible, try searching the Greek. :cool:

And stop making assumptions about Kubel as well. We don't go around finding stuff we don't like about people. But we do have facts. And you used the same plagiarizing cop-out on me last year. Confront what it says if you are man enough. No amount of Scripture will prove his strange theology.

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
(Hebrews 13:9)