• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kids and Coffee

• Members

When I was a kid the grown-ups told us we could not drink coffee because it would cause our feet to turn black. To prove their point they would have us lift our bare feet from the floor and look at the soles of our feet and sure enough they were as black as could be! :lol:

We mostly drank water from a garden hose ...

Soda pop was a rare treat whenever we found a coin - a dime! Then we shared it with two or three other kids.

My children only drink coffee when I buy donuts from the bakery.

• Members

Sounds good to me IM4given, soda has caffeine as does coffee, but soda is bad for you, any doctor will tell you that.
For that reason, my kids rarely drank coffee and even less soda. The are the same today.
But now my daughter gives my grandson soda all to often.
My wife drinks it like a fish and her health is bad.

Soda is Bad.

• Members

I find this topic kinda funny, because my older brother goes to Tim Horton's everyday, and orders a large black coffee, well a few weeks ago he brought his almost 3 year old, and before his father could order, my nephew said "Daddy, I get a large black coffee like you?" His mother tried to tell him NO but it didn't work. He ended up getting the large black coffee.

I don't know if that is unhealthy, but I know that I would not want to deal with the energy that comes with a 3 year old with that much caffeine.

Thanks for letting me share...
Annette_J

• Members

I actually had a dentist that told me to offer coffee to my son when he was about 18 months old (or older?) so it will help him wean from breastfeeding (his teeth was decayed) :o He could meant decaffeinate coffee but it was just strange for a dentist to tell me that. I went to another dentist anyhow because he didn't seem like he was a people person and I was just too uncomfortabel with him.

• Members

My parents ocassionally allowed me to have coffee when I was small. Of course it had lots of cream and sugar too. It was usually a treat we got at family gatherings or holidays. Coffee is no better or worse than tea or soft drinks. Other than being HOT I don't see a problem with a kid having coffee every once in a while.

My son didn't really like it as a small kid but he started drinking coffee as a Junior (grade 11) in High School.

• Members

Every time we went to visit my grandmother, she had coffee for the adults. My grandma saw me looking at her cup once when I was about 5, and she saved some coffee for me to drink when she was done. I loved it, so she kept saving me her last little bit until I started drinking my own half filled cups of coffee when we went over to her house. I was told that drinking coffee that young would stunt my growth, but I am 5'11" and am the tallest in my family.

• Members

I like it now. Cream only, no sugar. :mrgreen: It grows on you after awhile.

If it is made correctly it isn't bitter.

I'm getting into the flavored creamers now. Hazelnut - yum-yummy!

I do that too, only with hot chocolate. :mrgreen: I figure if coffee is good then hot chocolate is a whooooooooole lot better. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I like peppermint, hazlenut, almond, spearmint, and whole host of others.