• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can a Roman Catholic be saved?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Greetings

I'm a cell church. I have no designated denomination. I'm probably closest to a General Baptist. I'm also a member of the Free Grace Alliance, the Grace Evangelical Society, Israel - My glory, and Institute for Creation Research. I guess that makes me pretty conservative.

I whole heartedly recommend that we each take the following quiz:

1 (a) God gives a man right standing with Himself by mercifully accounting him innocent and virtuous.
. .(B) God gives a man right standing with Himself by actually making him into an innocent and virtuous person.

2 (a) God gives a man right standing with Himself by placing Christ

• Members

Why would any truly saved person remain in a Catholic Church once they have learned the truth?

Are born again Christians to partake in or with idol worshippers? Are born again Christians to have anything to do with praying to humans who have died (Mary, the "saints")? Are born again Christians to partake of the continual resacrifice of Christ? Are born again Christians to support (with their dollars, time or participation) an unbiblical, ungodly, anti-Christ church?

Many will cry, "Lord, Lord," but the Lord will tell them He never knew them.

• Members

Way back in the mid '60s to early '70s I worked at a company that was famous for the following statement:::

"Wrong answers to questions are easy enough to determine, but what is a bit more difficult are wrong questions."

There are various questions in that little quiz that are altogether wrong.

• Members

Way back in the mid '60s to early '70s I worked at a company that was famous for the following statement:::

"Wrong answers to questions are easy enough to determine, but what is a bit more difficult are wrong questions."

There are various questions in that little quiz that are altogether wrong.

Amen PE!! You beat me to it. :mrgreen:

• Members

But what's interesting is that God is a Spirit and Mary is a dead woman who now resides in Heaven.

Very Good post Madeline. You are so right Mary was also in the upper room awaiting the infilling of the Holy Ghost. She needed to have a Saviour just like we do. According to most Catholics this teaching would be blasphemy of Mary but it 100% Bible. Another example is that Peter was the first pope. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Peter was never in Rome. That is Bible.

We desire that Catholics learn the truth of the Word of God. So many of them just accept what the church teaches and what the priest tell them as Bible truth. Often they accept in faith that these teachings are biblical. Please don't misinterpret my teaching. I love the souls of the people and like Christ my desire is that all come to the knowledge of the truth.

• Members

Baptist Churches are not a denomination, Baptist teachings is the same teaching that come from Jesus Christ.

And yes, they are many different denomination, but they are not true churches and they do not belong to Jesus Christ.

I am proud to be a Baptist, because it is the original teachings of Jesus Christ. It was a Baptist Church that ordained me, no other church has the authority from God to do so. Jesus gave the authority to only His true Churches.

I hear of these nondenominational churches, many of which have separate their selves from Baptist teachings. I believe in was in the late 90's when it got very popular for many churches to remove the name Baptist from their churches, most of them said taking Baptist off would draw many more people into their churches. Seems it worked for many of them, but at the sacrifice of God's true teachings, those they gained do not stand on true Baptist teachings which comes straight from the Bible. Their slogan seemed to be, come worship with us, we will not make you feel uncomfortable we will adjust our doctrine to make you very comfortable in our churches. That is what those churches are, their churches, they surely are not Jesus' churches.

I believe that is when the feel good preaches started coming on the scene making sure they did not preach against sin or anything that would make a member of their church, not Jesus' Church, squirm in their pews, that is suffer convictions of their sins.

• Members

My taking on this. I may sound very judgmental, but I can safely say that I think that not a single RC is saved. WHY?

How do we get saved?
-> By hearing and trusting on the Biblical gospel of Jesus Christ.

Does Rome teaches that?
-> They do not.

If Rome teaches that, how can an RC hear the Biblical gospel?
-> Simply read the Scriptures and you will find out.

Do RCs EVEN BOTHER to read the Bible?
-> Chances are NO, if you live in Latin America or Western Europe, where nominalism is rampant. Many RCs either treat the Bible as an object to be venerated rather than read. Or, they read the Scriptures only once in awhile, treating it only as a moral guidance or spiritual help.
-> And even those who read it will either conform what they learn to their church's teachings, OR they will accept the Biblical gospel and LEAVE the RCC.

If you are truly born again you WILL leave the RCC and not STAY IN IT.

• Members

Denomination- A recognized autonomous branch of the Christian church. A group or branch of any religion.

People who are not Baptists can also teach the doctrine of Christ. Baptists do not have the market on the Bible. And why are Baptist churches the "true" church and others aren't, even if they have the same doctrine? A non-Baptist church can preach the Word of God just as a Baptist church can. A Baptist church is not an exclusive club and I think that's why the name turns some people off.

• Members

I hear of these nondenominational churches, many of which have separate their selves from Baptist teachings. I believe in was in the late 90's when it got very popular for many churches to remove the name Baptist from their churches, most of them said taking Baptist off would draw many more people into their churches. Seems it worked for many of them, but at the sacrifice of God's true teachings, those they gained do not stand on true Baptist teachings which comes straight from the Bible. Their slogan seemed to be, come worship with us, we will not make you feel uncomfortable we will adjust our doctrine to make you very comfortable in our churches. That is what those churches are, their churches, they surely are not Jesus' churches.

That's a sad truth Jerry. In my searches for a solid Baptist church I've encountered a couple of churches proclaiming to be IFB yet they have switched to the NASB, accepted "blended worship" (which means they include contemporary Christian music in with their traditional worship music), lowered the dress standards, and begun cooperating with any church in the area, including Catholics, on joint "religious" projects, etc.

A few churches have dropped their Baptist title altogether while many more in this area have simply veered towards modernism while the name Baptist still hangs in front of their churches.

• Members

Denomination- A recognized autonomous branch of the Christian church. A group or branch of any religion.

People who are not Baptists can also teach the doctrine of Christ. Baptists do not have the market on the Bible. And why are Baptist churches the "true" church and others aren't, even if they have the same doctrine? A non-Baptist church can preach the Word of God just as a Baptist church can. A Baptist church is not an exclusive club and I think that's why the name turns some people off.

1) It is true non-Baptists can also teach the doctrien of Christ: we have lots of churches that can do that pretty: Free Presbyterians, Plymouth Brethren and even a few Assemblies of God groups can fit into this category easily.

2) However, remember what the Bible has said in Acts 20:7... we have been declared ALL the counsel of God... so we are to keep ALL, not just the fundamentals of the Christian faith!

3) As a result, we have to separate from groups that do not teach the WHOLE counsel of God. I enjoy the old-line Calvinist preachers like Spurgeon, but I will be wary of their Calvinism. Likewise I am delighted by people in third-world countries saved through the Pentecostals' preaching, though I will warn my friends that the Pentecostals are against eternal security.

4) What does it mean to separate? We are to have no fellowship (that is, hold church activities together, have church conferences together etc.), but we are NOT to treat each other as enemies, but admonish each other as brothers. LOVE THEM just as much as you love your Baptist brethren.

5) If we do not separate, we IFBs will be in danger of ending up like what John81 had said: we will water down our own beliefs.

• Members

My friends father got saved after reading the Bible, and if you hear his testimony, it's the real deal. The only churches around in his country was basically Catholic, when he got here, he did realize the error with them, I have met other Catholics as well, whom I believe are saved.

-Alen

Alen, you need to be more cautious of what their testimony is. Thanks to the Charismatic Catholic movement, now many RCs know about words like "born again", "grace through faith" etc. etc. all terms Evangelicals like to use.

You need to find out whether they really trust Christ alone, WITHOUT their sacraments WITHOUT baptism etc.

• Members

Excellent post Samer!!!

Kubel,
Nobody is saying a Catholic can't be saved. What is being said is that a born again person, filled with the Holy Ghost, won't remain a Catholic.

Oh sure, I'll agree with that. I was kinda misled by the title of the thread. But sometimes God works on individuals hearts longer than others- so for one person who accepts Jesus, they might immediately leave the RCC knowing it's not the truth- but another person might take them a few years.