• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can a Roman Catholic be saved?

• Members

Thread split from [url]http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?t=16166[/url], which I hijacked after noticing what Kevin said about Sean Hannity:

[quote="kevinmiller"]
You must not have listened to Sean very much. There isn't anything liberal about him. And he often talks about God on his program. He is very conservative and has come out against the president several times.

And it's not Bortz Janet, I was thinking about Michael Savage. :)
[/quote]

[quote="kevinmiller"]
I haven't watched his tv program, only clips. I still can't figure how he is liberal by any stretch of the imagination.

And yes, he is catholic. But I think he may be a saved catholic, he often talks like it.
[/quote]

"often talks about God"

"saved catholic"

Blind, blind, poor, confused, blind Kevin. :frog

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Samer was needling me. lol

But I think you can be a saved Catholic. Only God knows the heart and a church does not necessarily represent who you are. If he reads his Bible he might be a Christian and even grow but he may be comfortable in a Catholic church or he may do it to honor his parents. I don't know. Only God knows.

• Members

A born again Christian doesn't remain a Catholic because the Catholic Church is ungodly.

A child of God doesn't remain in a Catholic Church, which would dishonour God, just to please their parents.

If a child of God reads their Bible and they know the truth that truth would set them free of the false teachings, idols and anti-Christ nature of the Catholic Church.

It's the duty of born again believers to avoid all appearance of evil, to separate from false religions and churches, and to lead folks to Christ by word and deed.

• Members

[quote="John81"]
A born again Christian doesn't remain a Catholic because the Catholic Church is ungodly.

A child of God doesn't remain in a Catholic Church, which would dishonour God, just to please their parents.

If a child of God reads their Bible and they know the truth that truth would set them free of the false teachings, idols and anti-Christ nature of the Catholic Church.

It's the duty of born again believers to avoid all appearance of evil, to separate from false religions and churches, and to lead folks to Christ by word and deed.
[/quote]

As I said, God and God alone knows a person's heart. The Catholic church may not be godly, and it freaks me out to be quite honest, but that doesn't mean that you can't be a Christian and still attend. I have gone to a Catholic church before when I was staying at my uncle's house.

I think that a Christian could, in fact, stay in a church to honor their parents. Whether it is right or not is another story, but it is certainly possible.

Yes, if he is studying the Bible, he may very well know many of the false doctrines of the catholic church. I don't think I would call the Catholic church "anti-Christ" though.

And yes, we should be separate from the world but we ALL fail woefully in that area don't we? Baptists and non-Baptists alike.

• Members

The Catholic Church preaches another gospel, which is no Gospel at all. They are an anti-Christ church as are all other false churches like Mormons, JWs, etc.

There is a huge difference between attending an unperfect church that yet preaches the true Gospel, whether it be an IFB, SBC, Methodist, or whatever, and attending a church which not only fails to preach the Gospel, but leads folks to hell with their false gospel.

• Members

What you say here Brother John,, another example.....
If you know what I mean.

I am going to copy this thing here, its an abbreviated
history.

Catholic
Roman Emperor Constantine unable to destroy Christianity with Paganism.
Feb.24,303AD laws past to kill all Christians.
313AD new law passed to tolerate Christians , and become "Christian" in order to gain favor with the rebels.
The Catholic Church was formed by the government.

In 313AD Emperor Constantine issued a call inviting the heads of all church's to for a council, this council became the Catholic Hierarchy.
Ana-Baptists refused the invitation and thus were persecuted by the Catholic Hierarchy for 1000 years.

• Members

From what I had heard, Constantine did indeed convert to Christianity but in over-zealousness, he incorporated it as the state religion. This cause un-Biblical doctrines to grow as a result of it being government run and because Christians and non-Christians alike were forced to attend church which cause it to become polluted with the false doctrines of unbelievers who had not given up their pagan ways.

But the point was whether Sean Hannity is a Christian and a Catholic. I think you can be both. Because we don't know his heart or the facts surrounding it.

• Members

Christians are to be known by their fruits. Christians are commanded to separate from ungodliness. Christians are to be an example to the world. Christians are not to be involved in the worship of idols, the continual sacrifice of Christ, false religions, prayer to Mary, the acceptance of a pope who claims to be Christ's perfect representative on earth, etc.

• Members

Right on brother, if they were trying to please God they would come out from among them.

One can not grow in Christ if they are in a false teaching church.

And God tells us we can tell them by their fruit, those who are in false teaching churches cannot produce good fruit.

• Members

Christians are to be known by their fruits. Christians are commanded to separate from ungodliness. Christians are to be an example to the world. Christians are not to be involved in the worship of idols, the continual sacrifice of Christ, false religions, prayer to Mary, the acceptance of a pope who claims to be Christ's perfect representative on earth, etc.

I've never heard Sean talk about Mary or the Pope. In fact, I think I remember one time where he actually disagreed with the pope on something. Again, I don't think we can know someone's heart. Only God knows. And I think Sean does have fruit, personally.

• Members

Your right Kevin, we cannot know someone's heart, that is we cannot judge their salvation, but we are told.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matt 7:18-20 (KJV)

That is we can know them by their fruit, check the fruit that comes from the RCC.

So Sean disagrees with the pope, so does John Kerry, he is for abortion, but he is still a RCC member.

This afternoon I was trying to think of another conservative talk show host who is also a RCC member, Laura Ingraham, them there's O'Reilly.

All of these are proud to be apart of the RCC, the very ones who down thru the ages have persecuted the true believers even to the point of murdering many of them. What Christian in their right mind would want to be part of them?