• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can a Roman Catholic be saved?

:2cents
You don't even KNOW where the Bible came from do You??? Or do you care to know ?? I guess it just appeared in the form of KJV & floated down into your hands!! Have you cared enough to study the history of the Bible? The 1st Bibles were hand written ! Do you have any idea how long it would take to hand write the Bible?? How many could you write in a day???
This might be a reason the Catholics didn't pass them out to anyone that wanted one! By the way do you have any idea how many people could read? Today there are alot of people that can't read or write , so how many were there in Christ 's time or after??? Why is it you seem to think the Bible has every thing you need, when you know there are not enough books to record all that Jesus said or did??
People continually criticize Catholics for not reading or knowing the Bible when Catholics take it more seriously than most others. What about Communion? Jesus said "This is my Body"& "This is my Blood" Catholics take Jesus's words to be true! You say it's symbolic! Where is that in the BIBLE?
Jesus says "Go ye all & preach & forgive sins" But you keep the preach part but drop the forgive sins cause it stopped with the death of the apostles!?? Where is that in the BIBLE?

Edited by mod to add: You know, I think this is definitely on of those cases where it is acceptable to ban without the usual warnings. Bye... :wave: out.gif

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread split from http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?t=16166, which I hijacked after noticing what Kevin said about Sean Hannity:

"often talks about God"

"saved catholic"

Blind, blind, poor, confused, blind Kevin. :frog

I guess I'm going to Hell 'cause I'm becoming Catholic? :eek

I was raised as a Nazarene when young, and when we lived in Virginia we were Baptist, and then I left because I found out these churches were made by men during the so-called Reformation. Then I became traditional conservative Anglican, which is more apostolic than those other man-made denominations, but I found that they were wrong to break away from the apostolic See of St. Peter in Rome. So now I'm coming to the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church founded by Christ on St. Peter, the one which our Lord said "the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it." :thumb

Edited by mod to add: same thing for you, we do not allow board invasions. I am banning you for now and when the admin comes online he can either uphold the ban or let you back, we will see.

:2cents Why are you banning these two ?? Just for expressing their views?? You don't like seeing other peoples views or beliefs? Don't you even want to discuss it??
:ooops OOPS, I guess I'm gone too!! :eek :puzzled: :verymad:

Why are you banning these two ?? Just for expressing their views?? You don't like seeing other peoples views or beliefs?

No, I banned them because they joined together and immediately started a rant against the position of the board, particularly kitah. We do not allow members of other boards to come here at the same time for the purpose of spamming the board and starting fights. We have had catholics do that a number of times and they are never here to learn only to fight. That is called flooding the board and it is against the rules, it is what was obviously going on here. This is meant to be a fellowship board after all.

Don't you even want to discuss it???

Not particularly, it would not have done them any good, if they had come without such an obvious agenda they would have lasted longer, but it was quite clear they were only here to fight.

"Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

They fit both the last two...

OOPS, I guess I'm gone too!!

Not yet. :wink I suspect you are part of the same group but until I know that beyond reasonable doubt from your actions and attitude I certainly have no reason to ban you.

Edited to add: Yes, actually I will ban you now, I thought that your post looked similar to the post of kitah, particularly with your over use of question marks. Turns out you are the same user under a new name pretending to be a different user. Bye again...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, I think bibletotingunslinger has something, I'll do as he did and copy this,

Abbreviated history .....

Catholic
Roman Emperor Constantine unable to destroy Christianity with Paganism.
Feb.24,303AD laws past to kill all Christians.
313AD new law passed to tolerate Christians , and become "Christian" in order to gain favor with the rebels.
The Catholic Church was formed by the government.

In 313AD Emperor Constantine issued a call inviting the heads of all church's to for a council, this council became the Catholic Hierarchy.
Ana-Baptists refused the invitation and thus were persecuted by the Catholic Hierarchy for 1000 years.For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

I did'nt know this, I probably should have, but forgot ........ Still Interesting ....... Have often wondered how that went into being that Catholics often think of themselves as the experts on bibilical history. Now it makes sense.

To the world Catholics are Christians and the only way to Heaven, but I can't agree with that. It dose'nt sit right.

• Members
What you say here Brother John,, another example.....
If you know what I mean.

I am going to copy this thing here, its an abbreviated
history.

Catholic
Roman Emperor Constantine unable to destroy Christianity with Paganism.
Feb.24,303AD laws past to kill all Christians.
313AD new law passed to tolerate Christians , and become "Christian" in order to gain favor with the rebels.
The Catholic Church was formed by the government.

In 313AD Emperor Constantine issued a call inviting the heads of all church's to for a council, this council became the Catholic Hierarchy.
Ana-Baptists refused the invitation and thus were persecuted by the Catholic Hierarchy for 1000 years.

If this were true, how do you account for 'a Catholic Heirarchy' as you call it, 200-years before Constantine?

By the way, Christianity was not adopted as the law during the reign of Constantine, rather, the law which persecuted it, simply made it legal to practice Christianity. That was the sum total of Roman adoption of Christianity.