• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensational Salvation

Guest Guest

• Members

Sharing your testimony is not sharing private information or anything. I dare say that you have discussed more private things with us on this public forum. The only reason I can see someone not wanting to share it is if they don't have one. Not saying that you don't, but I can't see any other reason for it...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="kevinmiller"]
Sharing your testimony is not sharing private information or anything. I dare say that you have discussed more private things with us on this public forum. [b]The only reason I can see someone not wanting to share it is if they don't have one.[/b] Not saying that you don't, but I can't see any other reason for it...
[/quote]

*sigh*...You don't get it do you kevin? Do you know that nature of my Testimony? You obviously don't, neither does anyone else here or the private matters in which it involves. And I don't know your definition of 'private' things, but I can assure you it is better if I kept the private matters of my testimony to myself. But I can guarantee you that I have a testimony regardless if the devil and his flunkies will try and have me doubt my salvation. I only discuss my Testimony with my close friends, they will tell you that I do have a testimony. Hope you understand. :)

Love,
Madeline

I know other people who I know are saved that would never, ever share their testimony on a public internet forum either. It doesn't mean they aren't saved. With some of them it means they've been burnt. Not everywhere on the internet is a nice place to be. Some people are mean and nasty and cruel.

Katy-Anne

• Members

[quote]
I can tell you for certain that if I do so happen to slip up and sin, my heart breaks and I feel the God given conviction of the Holy Ghost. Because I do love God, and it breaks my heart to know that I have sinned against Him.
[/quote]

I would hazard a guess that she is a true believer, if only for the attitude she has towards sin.

Which, if I understand it right, is what bakers seems to desire on her part.

[quote]
I was born spiritually when I saw myself for the wicked, vile sinner that I am. I knew God's law and knew that it condemned me. How could anyone ever go through life having never sinned? I was condemned to go to hell. But I cried out for mercy, having changed my mind (repentance) [u]about the way I viewed sin. I could see that it is horribly offensive to a holy God[/u].
[/quote]

Sounds like she has a full understanding of her sin as it pertains to the Lord.

God bless,

Calvary

• Members

Source: http://www.libertygospeltracts.com/ques ... lvatio.htm
What is "dispensational salvation?"

"Dispensational salvation" is the false teaching that people at different times in history, have had different ways to be saved. For example, some would say that under the Old Testament law, people had to keep the law (good works) to be saved.

The Bible is clear that there has always only been one way to be saved, and that way is through faith in Christ. "TO HIM GIVE ALL THE PROPHETS WITNESS, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Holy Bible, Acts 10:43). In the Old Testament, believers looked ahead in faith to Christ who would come and die for their sins. In the Church Age, we look back to Christ who has come and died for our sins. Salvation has always been by faith, looking to Christ completely to save us from our sins. Jesus said to the Jews, "Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad" (Holy Bible, John 8:56).

Acts 10:43
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

John 8:56
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

• Members

I personally do not make guesses on whether someone is a true believer or not. Since there are many who are like unto whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but inwardly ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. As Jesus would put it. :) I know that I am a child of God, and not hell or even the devil himself can take me away from Him. And I also understand false conversion where there is no fruit of repentance on their part. Genuine repentance begins with a change of thought concerning sin, often resulting in a sense of godly sorrow. So just because one expresses sorrow at the altar doesn't necessarily mean that they're saved. And the scriptures clearly teaches us that we can know for certain that we have (present tense) eternal life. John makes this clear as he states that the purpose of his written letter was to give assurance of salvation.

[quote="[color=red]The Word of God[/color]"]
1 John 5:13

• Members

The best way to preach and witness... is... not to preach the gospel... UNTIL the sinner is convicted of his sin.

Preach [b]sin, God's anger at sinners, judgment, hell, damnation, because ALL sinners DESERVE to be punished in the Lake of Fire. Smash totally apart whatever layer of pride or confidence the sinner has.[/b]

THEN preach the gospel of Christ!

• Members

[quote]
In the Old Testament, believers looked ahead in faith to Christ who would come and die for their sins. In the Church Age, we look back to Christ who has come and died for our sins. Salvation has always been by faith, looking to Christ completely to save us from our sins.
[/quote]

I was wondering if you could show me one person in the OT that believed on the finished work of the Lord Jesus.

God bless,

Calvary

• Members

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

In some sense, they did anticipate the Messiah, but the faith that saved them wasn't always based on the same level of understanding.

• Members

I'm still trying to figure out what you are trying to communicate here.

Those are characteristics of Christ's sheep, those being who have trusted on Christ for salvation. Are we on the same page?

Or are you saying that there are people who are Christ's sheep outside of calling on Him for salvation?