• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Churches that use the law "lawfully"

• Members

I'm looking for some help.

I'll be graduating college in December, and need to start looking for a job. Problem is, I can't take a job until I know of a good church to go to. I don't know where I'm going to be moving in America--or even elsewhere. Just need to find a church and a job, and see where God leads.

Romans 3:19-20 "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

I'm looking for a church that uses the law in evangelism to bring knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for [b]we have before proved[/b] both Jews and Gentiles, [b]that they are all under sin[/b];
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

I'm looking for a church that understands the need to thoroughly [b]prove[/b] sin, using the law against the sinner's conscience, before simply declaring that all have sinned. This is what Paul has done--in the first 2.5 chapters, he used the law and the conscience to show the sinner [b]why[/b] and [b]how[/b] he is a sinner. Verse 10 is more of a statement of conclusion than an argument.

With all this in mind, I'm looking for a church that understands all this, and that preaches law to the proud, and grace to the humble; where evangelism is more than just "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Do you agree? Ok, next point. The wages of sin is death..."; but where the Old Testament Law (particularly the Ten Commandments) is used to break and plow the sinner's heart, making way for the Gospel afterward.

Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

[b]Anyone know of any?[/b]

Here's what I know of so far:

Lehigh Valley Baptist Church, Emmaus, PA - very strong on this
Regency Baptist Church, Orangevale, CA - kinda, but getting there

• Members

That is a really good Church, I suggest that for you, they have truly world wide Evangelism using the law. I have gone through their four week Bible study as a test and it had great amount of law in it. Very good! Plus the Church has great computer people thus they would probably to be able to show you around the place where to find a good job and such.

• Members

[quote="Samer"]
Oh, does your church have a website?
I know I'll never find a perfect church...It wouldn't be perfect once I became a member. But looking for one that has this particular approach to evangelism. :)
[/quote]

sent a PM

He doesn't use the "Are you a good person" test. Not yet though. He would agree with you because I have heard him mention about Laws. In fact, one of his gospel tract have Romans 3:19 on it.

I feel Laws is very important. I got saved from Noahide. I chose that because I know I am not genetically Jewish, not by marriage nor by blood. I was looking into the Jewish religion because it was one of the oldest religion that still exist today and other religions sound way too fake to me.

After attempting the Noahide religion (it is sort of like the 10 commandments. It's a bunch of Laws that you must follow) , I kept wondering what will happen to me since I broke the Laws before (like having other gods). The Noahide does not give you any assurance. That's when it hit me like a brick that I needed Jesus. But Mainly it had me thinking "Who can go throughout his life from birth to death without breaking a single law?"

• Members

Samer,
I am a member at LVBC, and I would agree with Pekka. The use of the law in evangelism as you've described is clearly taught and practiced here. We'd love to have you come to the Lehigh Valley if God would lead you here.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm realizing this type of church is few and far between. But these three I'm listing are good ones I think. We've been to all three of them, and I have good friends at the one in South Dakota.

http://jamesknox.com/bbc/bbc.shtml --->very unique church
http://fbcelkton.com/ --->in the middle of no-where
http://www.holybiblesays.org/church.html --->We were given a dvd presentation called something like "the good test" here by a member of the church. It's very similar (and even better imo) to the presentation from the church in PA.

• Members

We do not have a 1-2-3 pray after me, we preach repentance from sin and turning to God...to me that's the same thing but maybe to you its not.

You are welcome to visit ours anytime....the job market is wide open here but the cost of living is also high.

• Members

We do not have a 1-2-3 pray after me, we preach repentance from sin and turning to God...to me that's the same thing but maybe to you its not.

You are welcome to visit ours anytime....the job market is wide open here but the cost of living is also high.

And knowing Samer, he would probably get in trouble pretty soon after being there with all those hate crime laws. :wink
Our pastor always claims that if hate crimes legislation was passed for our state, he would call up the media and tell them to come to our church because there is going to be hate speech for the morning service. :lol

• Administrators

Samer, we need all the help we can get in the North East. If the Lord is leading you in this direction, I can put you in contact with hundreds of good churches and pastors up here.

Being that we are right next to NYC the job market is great. :woohoo: Talk about evangelism, this is the largest populated area in America.

• Members

Samer, I'm teaching and using the Law when it comes to evangelism in my church. It is hard going because I have to under many years of folks being taught to lead someone into a decision or a prayer.

I've also seen baptists who use the Law as a formula, turning it into yet another variation of "getting a decision".