• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Class Project any computer programmers out there?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="nodnarb"]
25% for taxes seems like it is way to much. What do you think the average would be. With 25% it would be like giving up 1 out of every 4 checks. That can't be can it
[/quote]

Welcome to the real world. :wink: :mrgreen:

The reality of the taxes thing is that it's going to be a whole lot more than that.

I envision it like this::::::::

I work from January 1st of the year all the way through May 5th for the combination of taxes that I pay.[i] ((((It's a little over 34%.))))[/i] They include spring and fall property taxes, FIT, State, Local, FICA, SUTA, Emergency Fund tax imposed by the city I work in, and sales tax. Notice that I did not include excise tax on gasoline because my company pays me mileage. Finally,after all of that, the money that I make is mine.

Do this, Brandon::::::::::

#1. Take one week's worth of your present expenses, and see how much in taxes that you are already paying.

#2. Talk to your parents and/or some other bread-winning adult and see what they are paying in taxes all across the board.

If you can get away with only 25% in FIT, FICA, and State and Local taxes qll combined, then you are really doing exceedingly well.

• Members

I have a friend that works in this area. He said that most interns make 12-15/hour. So to give me a good round number I think I will use 12.5 working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. Would this be a fantasy world or does that sound about right?

Thats about how much my husband makes. He is a tech support. He didn't get any computer degree though, but got a Business Management bachelor degree from National Business College. His Job trained him.