• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Class Project any computer programmers out there?

• Members

I don't know where to put this at so I figured since it had to do with school the teen area would be good but then I wanted to ask the adults since they were the ones who could really help here so I am asking the adults more than my fellow teens.
In economis (which we started this week) we are suppose to make up a fictious life. Suppose to come up with a name and Job and make a budget and till the end of the school year we are "living" this life. So here are some things I need help with.

1.)I am not creative so any ideas on names.

2.) I have always love working with computers and really wish that I could learn to program. Since we are suppose to chose a secular job for this project and it is suppose to be something we have always wanted to do, I am leaning towards using computer programing.

2.1) Ok I am going to give a little story and then ask a serious of questions here.
My person has just graduated college. I did very well and my parents helped me out and my college bill is completly paid. I have just gotten my first job as a computer programmer ( or whatever it is technically). How much does this job start at? Does my employer take out for insurance, or anything else outside of taxes if so how much and for what? About how much should I expect for my taxes to take out of my check? What all does this job require I do, for instance what kind of program would this character by required to know would the average person have to go back and take more classes to get these jobs done properly? Would he have to be able to design websites? The more info you could help me with the beter I would be.

3.) The reason that I ask this is becasue we are suppose to ask anyone who may be able to help in this area. So no I am not cheating. I figured that someone on here might be able to help me somehow.

4.) The point of this project is to show us how to manage our money on a fixed budget. I think the teacher will learn who really wants to serve God when he sees who is titheing and who is not. This project I am actually looking forward to. We just started this class and the potential of this class seems like it could really help prepare us for our lives in the ministies God has for us.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote="nodnarb"]
I don't know where to put this at so I figured since it had to do with school the teen area would be good but then I wanted to ask the adults since they were the ones who could really help here so I am asking the adults more than my fellow teens.
In economis (which we started this week) we are suppose to make up a fictious life. Suppose to come up with a name and Job and make a budget and till the end of the school year we are "living" this life. So here are some things I need help with.

1.)I am not creative so any ideas on names.

2.) I have always love working with computers and really wish that I could learn to program. Since we are suppose to chose a secular job for this project and it is suppose to be something we have always wanted to do, I am leaning towards using computer programing.

2.1) Ok I am going to give a little story and then ask a serious of questions here.
My person has just graduated college. I did very well and my parents helped me out and my college bill is completly paid. I have just gotten my first job as a computer programmer ( or whatever it is technically). How much does this job start at? Does my employer take out for insurance, or anything else outside of taxes if so how much and for what? About how much should I expect for my taxes to take out of my check? What all does this job require I do, for instance what kind of program would this character by required to know would the average person have to go back and take more classes to get these jobs done properly? Would he have to be able to design websites? The more info you could help me with the beter I would be.

3.) The reason that I ask this is becasue we are suppose to ask anyone who may be able to help in this area. So no I am not cheating. I figured that someone on here might be able to help me somehow.

4.) The point of this project is to show us how to manage our money on a fixed budget. I think the teacher will learn who really wants to serve God when he sees who is titheing and who is not. This project I am actually looking forward to. We just started this class and the potential of this class seems like it could really help prepare us for our lives in the ministies God has for us.
[/quote]

1. What do you need a name for? You or the company?
2. Are you talking about computer programming or web programming?

• Members

LOL, you can't think of an ordinary name for yourself? How about Homer or something? :lol:

A person who design computer programs is in a vastly different field than one who designs web pages. Learning HTML, PHP, or XML is much easier than learning C# or Ruby or something. Where do your interests lie?

• Members

LOL, I don't know what the wage differences are. I imagine you can get pretty decent money with either job. Both would be in pretty high demand. You can probably google it and find out the average wages for different positions. You could always be a computer tech too you know. That would be easier. :wink: