• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Class Project any computer programmers out there?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anything that discourages people from spending is a bad thing on a macro-economic level, hence the lack of support for national sales tax.

Our way of life is directly related to the amount of money people spend. People stop spending, businesses produce less. Businesses produce less, they have to lay people off.

Of course, you balance that with the people have a LOT more money to spend if you are not taking a income tax, but as a net, shifting to a NST would probably hurt America more then it would help.

• Members

I wanted to clarify... Done well, the NST could be beneficial, but the main problem with government is their spending. In other words, whether they get their money from my check, or at the checkout, the main problem is the amount they are taking. Moving to a NST will not help with the government taking too much of our money.

Now assuming the government really got fiscally responsible, and stopped feeling like they had to take care of everyone, then the debate between HOW to collect taxes could be made. I still think that an income tax is probably better then a NST, but as it is, nothing will help Americans unless the government remembers its place. I can't imagine living in some of our European counterparts. Many European countries are upwards of 50-60% tax :shock:

• Members

I thought that this project would help me prepare for the real world but it is just scaring about the real world. This is crazy. Boy I was starting to get excited about getting close to graduating and starting college. That would bring me so much closer to going into my ministy. But this is eye opening.

Btw, your teacher would be proud. This was probably his/her goal. Kids graduate these days with no clue about the "real world". I recommend thanking your teacher. :wink: