• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A girl is being abused

• Members

I deal primarily with that population 24/7 - they are the most vulnerable group in our society. Unfortunately the investigators will not do much unless and until a pregnancy occurs, then genetic testing can be done to catch the abuser.

praying...

Thank you for oraying. It is digusting that the investigators won't do something until a pregnancy occurs. :mad:
Faithgirl

• Members

The reason for that is that unless someone actually videotapes the abuse or something, it is only "he said/she said" stuff. Everyone involved in the investgation may actually side with the girl, but without some sort of proof or evidence, there is not much they can do. A judge will want to know what type of evidence they have, and if no concrete evidence exists, then it will be thrown out of court. If the girl gets pregnant on the other hand, there is all of the proof that the judge will need to convict, including the DNA evidence of who actually fathered the baby.

The best the family can do is pack up and move away from the suspected abuser to get her away from him. It is sad but true.

• Members

I can understand bank robbery, you might get some money. But sex crimes I can't figure why,

I knew a girl who was raped by her dad for years, in the end he managed to keep her from marriage and forced her to have an abortion and got her committed to a mental institution.

Now I could enjoy beating that man to a pulp, please forgive me.

• Members

After reading these posts, my heart became heavy.

My mom and dad have been foster parents for 23 years. Back when I was about 18 or so, we got this little girl that was mentally handicapped of about 8, (wow what a precious little one she was) she was with us for exactly 6 months when the state came in and placed her back in her biological home. A few months after this my mom and dad gave up thier license to keep kids. Another 6 months later, my mother got a call asking her if she would take a placement, and my mother said that she could not, but if it was Rosa she would. Thats who it was, she was being placed back into care because her 17 year old brother had been molesting her.

This never went to court and charges were never placed on this guy, and it left Rosa so distraught, confused and miserable, that we did not think there was ever a way to make her smile again! Well 10 years later, she is still in our home, and though not "adopted" we do have permanent gaurdianship over her. AND YES SHE IS SMILING EVERYDAY, with us her family!

• Members

Well I need to tell you all, that I am the one who has been dealing with this situation. Two days ago, when she came to school, there was more signs of molestation. We finally got the social worker to come and take her to the hospital. The doctor told us yesterday that it is an allergic reaction to puberty, and diapers. I asked then about all of the other signs and of course they have no answer for the things like her crying everyday, her not wanting to go home, she is having to be pryed off the bus . They say that she does not have any internal injuries!!! Of course they did not say that she is a virgin either! I have had to give it all to the Lord. I have laid it all at the cross and I must leave it there. It has been a very difficult ordeal for me as I too was molested as a child. I appreciate everyones prayers for her all of this time! God bless you all!