• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Is Your Favorite Homemade Sandwich?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thinking more about bread for sandwiches::::::::

Italian Ciabata bread has to be my very favorite. Arby's uses it in their toasted Italian subs. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!! It is soooooooo good.

http://www.stillwatersgroup.com/recipes ... _bread.htm

Ciabatta Bread
Makes 4 loaves

This wonderful Italian bread is named after its

• Members

PE, I can't stand white bread either. It has to be whole-grain -- my favorite being any of the Food For Life breads (like Ezekiel 4:9). :lol Especially toasted, those make excellent sandwiches no matter what the fillings are. My husband doesn't like that bread as much as I do so I make his with regular wheat bread. But we don't even buy white bread anymore (not even for hot dog or hamburger buns). There's no nutritional value to it what-so-ever.

I agree, Chelle. :lol

Most white breads literally turn my stomach and give me a belly ache. :gross:

Even though Ciabatta and Ciapata breads are white breads they are not as highly refined and "plasticized" as this white "foam" that is passed off as sandwich loaf. :lol:

• Members

I kinda like using sourdough bread for sandwiches too, but I'm not sure if it has any nutritional value. I usually buy my bread in the "natural foods" section at Raley's superstore. Low sodium and no cholesterol!

Have you ever tried 'Zeke bread, Madeline??? (i.e. Ezekiel 4:9 bread)

Please click here::::::::

http://www.mybloodsugar.net/foodforlife.htm

It is made from sprouted grains, and we know what happens to grains when they are sprouted::: The nutritional value increases exponentially. :lol::lol: :lol:

• Members

Even though Ciabatta and Ciapata breads are white breads they are not as highly refined and "plasticized" as this white "foam" that is passed off as sandwich loaf.

Good point, PE. :wink I also like Ciabatta bread (though I've never tried the other one). I like the "artisan" breads that you find in a local bakery (or the bakery dept at better supermarkets -- i.e., Raley's, Kroger Signature stores, Safeway/Randall's/Tom Thumb), not the mass-produced bread in the bread aisle at the supermarket. I guess we're just picky. :lol The only "white" bread I like is French bread (i.e., baguettes), made right there the same day. If it's day-old I'll use it for French toast. :lol

• Members

Good point, PE. :wink I also like Ciabatta bread (though I've never tried the other one). I like the "artisan" breads that you find in a local bakery (or the bakery dept at better supermarkets -- i.e., Raley's, Kroger Signature stores, Safeway/Randall's/Tom Thumb), not the mass-produced bread in the bread aisle at the supermarket. I guess we're just picky. :lol The only "white" bread I like is French bread (i.e., baguettes), made right there the same day. If it's day-old I'll use it for French toast. :lol

You might like Ciapata bread, too, since you are in Houston, Texas, where there is a prominent concentration of fine Spanish and Mexican cuisine.

Please click here:::

http://www.senorfrogs.com/menu/sandwiches.htm

• Members

Ciapata looks almost like Ciabatta, except that the latter is Italian (or Sicilian). I think they probably sell Ciapata bread in the panaderia (Hispanic bakery -- something of which we have an abundance in this area). That cheesesteak torta (sandwich) from Señor Frog looks tasty. :hungry:

• Members

Ciapata looks almost like Ciabatta, except that the latter is Italian (or Sicilian). I think they probably sell Ciapata bread in the panaderia (Hispanic bakery -- something of which we have an abundance in this area). That cheesesteak torta (sandwich) from Señor Frog looks tasty. :hungry:

Oh my!!! :drool :drool :hungry: I agree totally. :lol

• Members

Chili's used to have something called a "Tejas Chicken Sandwich". It was patterned after the Philly cheesesteak so it had strips of grilled chicken, grilled onions and peppers, and melted cheese. That was my favorite thing to get at Chili's at lunchtime. :hungry: