• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Is Your Favorite Homemade Sandwich?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Fried eggs on toast is another of my favorites. The eggs have to be fried well, but not so hard that the edges get like stainless steel.

I'll never get tired of Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches.

We get the all-natural PB. I mark one jar with my name on it and then do the following:::::

#1. Pour the oil off (i.e. I take it outside to the compost pile and pour the oil on top of the pile--->>> if I'm going to take in calories it is not going to be from soemthing I don't want.)

#2. Remove a little more PB (about one heaping tablespoon) and put that into my wife's jar.

#3. Pour clover honey into the jar till it's almost full with still enough room to stir it.

#4. Stir that up really well till it's completely and thoroughly blended.

When this mix is refrigerated it turns into peanut butter candy. You know what honey does in the fridge; it stiffens up really well.

• Members

Some favorites:

Peanut butter and marshmellow fluff (Fluffernutter)

Peanut butter and banana

Grill cheese with Jalapenos dipped in picante sauce

Turkey pastrami and munster on wheat

The Veggie sub @ Subway

A #10 from Long Johns under the tracks in Morristown, N.J. Everything including the kitchen sink, extra provalone, oil, vinegar, extra mayo. Now that's living. Forget the carbs! Viva la calories!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have several favorite home made sandwiches. :drool 1. Fresh out of the garden tomato slices on buttered white bread. 2. Eckrich macaroni and cheese loaf lunchmeat on white bread. (I can't find this lunchmeat anywhere anymore.) :badday: 3. a BLT. 4. Butter and peanut butter and sugar on white bread. 5. Ham salad or chicken salad on white bread. These sandwiches are all very good on dill rye bread too. CJP56

• Members

You will find me thanking God in the name of Jesus over a Torquey(Turkey in Muppet lingo) on Wheat, with Miracle Whip and Mustard, sometimes lettuce.

UNLESS I am at Fazoli's, then I order the Turkey Sub on Wheat Toasted, and them are :hungry:
And it never fails, the moron with the bread sticks will interrupt my prayer, ever time.

• Members

UNLESS I am at Fazoli's, then I order the Turkey Sub on Wheat Toasted, and them are :hungry:

You have Fazoli's in Utah, too? I never even heard of them until we moved here to Texas. They don't have them in California, at least not in the part where I lived (northern/central). I remember thinking, "Italian fast food, eh? Well, why not?" :lol: So far I've only had their pizza, which is OK (I've had better, I've had worse).

Anyway, my favorite homemade sandwich (if I haven't posted in this thread already) is a grilled ham & cheese. Tuna melts come in a very close 2nd.

• Members

Fried bologna with melted cheese on white bread with mayo and mustard. :drool Goooood stuff!!!

Peanut butter and hot pepper. MMMMMMMM

Wow, PB and pepper? That reminds me of this boy who put gravy in his cereal when I went to church camp. I think simple grilled cheese sandwiches are the best bar none!

• Members

PE, I can't stand white bread either. It has to be whole-grain -- my favorite being any of the Food For Life breads (like Ezekiel 4:9). :lol Especially toasted, those make excellent sandwiches no matter what the fillings are. My husband doesn't like that bread as much as I do so I make his with regular wheat bread. But we don't even buy white bread anymore (not even for hot dog or hamburger buns). There's no nutritional value to it what-so-ever.