• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A problem

• Members

My dad told me to do something well, stupid, and he doesn't want my mom to know about it. If I don't listen to him, I'll get him mad, if I do my mom will get mad when she finds out (she will eventually). I hate getting set up like that. What do you think I should do?

Should I post the details (don't really want to ATM)?

• Members

What does the Scriptures say? The Scriptures say that the father is the head of the family, not the mother. If your father has told you to do that, then as long as that is not a sin, then you should obey him.

Pray about this before making a decision.

• Members

Dear Friend,
Perhaps I am late in answering, but let me through out my :2cents worth. I have a bad arthritis condition. When I abstain from favorites, i.e., coffee, donuts, etc., I feel much better, :lol but when I don't my condition flairs up. :sad So, since my body is the temple of God and I know better, it is not good for me to do these things. So, if your Dad wants you to go down and buy him something that is bad for his health, and his body is the property of Jesus Christ via redemption, then it is your responsibility to not facilitate his violating scripture by eating things that will be bad for him. Tell him, "Dad, I love you and there are not many things I wouldn't do for you, unfortunately this is one of them. I love you and I am praying for you." and leave him to deal with it with Christ.

Ben

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?