• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you afraid of dying?

Are you afraid of dying?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of dying?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Madeline, stop asking ridiculous questions!

• Members

I am going to be honest and say yes I am afraid of death! I am afraid of pain and suffering...and I am afraid of the unknown process...I am afraid of hurting family members and leaving them alone prematurely.

And yes I'm saved. Heaven is the easy part. The hard part is getting there....and realizing you will be leaving some brokenhearted people behind.

Couldn't say it better. :thumb

• Members

I don't fear death itself or what is to come afterwards - that is a welcome thought but I do fear the possibilities of the process. For instance, thinking about drowning gives me the willies. I would most definitely be afraid if I was drowning and conscious.

Yeah...I don't get close enough to water to worry about that one. haha.

I worry about car accidents or terminal illness....my mom died in a car accident and I know what it feels like to talk to a loved one one day and then see them all bloody and mangled and unconscious the next. And then terminal illness is just torturous for everyone involved.

Thanks alot, Adam and Eve....

• Members

Madeline, its surely not a stupid question. I think its a very smart question. I have conveyed to our congregation that I'm not scared to die, I know that in order to reach that place where there is no more sorrow, death, crying, or pain, I must shed this body, that our Savior took the sting out of death, that the best is yet to come for those who have Jesus as their brother.

I have watched many brave Christians face death, it seems I had more sorrow than they, its just so hard to lose a good close Christan friend who you love, even Jesus wept because a loved one died.

And if anyone will do some research, they can read about several Christians who have face death because of their stand for God, and did so very bravely, we serve the same God they did, the only thing we lack is strong faith.

One brave lady I visited told me, "Bro. Jerry, don't worry about me, I know I'm not going to make it, God will take care of me, but I have some close loved ones who do not know God, that's who I'm worried for."

I did not question who these were, I just asked her right them, "Mary, would you like me to say a prayer with you on their behalf and even ask God to give me and you strength and faith?

Her answer was yes, I held her very weak hand and we prayed, afterwards she gave me a very weak smile and said, "Its much better now, thank you so much"

I said, "No Mary, thank you, your helping me so much" She did not know how much she helped me to have even more faith in God and Jesus.

I spoke to her only a few more short minutes, asked if I could have a hug, she put her weak arms around my neck, kissed me on the cheek, said I'll see you on the other side.

The next day Mary went home to be with our Lord.

Where is our faith?

• Members

If someone put a gun to my head, and threatened to kill me, I would not be afraid. If someone threw me into a cave with hungry lions or any other kind of big carnivorous animal, you bet I would be afraid.

I think a lot of people can talk the talk, but when it happens, they won't be walking the walk.

-Alen

• Members

Well Alen, that's you. If they threw me in a den of ferocious, hungry lions... I would tell them to come get their supper. :cool

If by "I would tell them to come get their supper" you mean you would be screaming your head off as the lions tore the flesh from your body, and you were screaming out from not only agony, but screaming out for mercy as well. Then yes I would believe you :)

-Alen

• Members

Madeline, you say that anytime somebody says something mean to you it makes you cry. You are telling me you cry at "boo" but you laugh in the face of a powerful animal with big teeth?

Honey its sure easy to talk. :wink :lol: