• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How should I handel this

• Members

Tonight my family was in a car accident (noone was hurt not dads fault). Our tire was broke and we sat on the side of the high way for nearly two hours.

No big deal right? Till I called work a second time the first time I told my assistent manager ( he was the one working) I was going to try and make it in but was not sure if I could. When I called the second time I told him that I would not be able to make it at all that we could not get the van fixed right there and I had no way out there. He made the statement that he knew this was going to happen I said my family was just in a car wreck and he interrupted me and started to say something else about it so I hung up cause I did not need a lecture from him about it. He goes to church at the same place I go to school and claims to be my friend but since I started working for him he has not seemed like a christian or a friend. There was one time where if it were not for higher authority he would have fired me because he was being stubborn and the gm said that he could not fire me for what he was trying to. In that situation he told me that my priorities needed fixed. What happened is he asked someone out at the church if I had basketball practice and they mistakingly told him no when I really did and he scheduled me and I told him I could not work it cause of basketball. He then practically called me a liar and told me I had a lack of character. But I think I put my priorities right since I am a captain of that team.

Anyway with what happened tonight I told my parents that I was I was going to talk to my manager and I would not return. I was about to go out and try to get another job this week any way but this is going to make me leave right now. I don't feel I should put in a two week notice since I was disrespected and I feel bad cause I have always been brought up that when you leave one job place to turn in a notice but I feel I cannot work with this man no more. Am I going about this the wrong way or did I handel the situation correctly?

• Members

I don't feel I should put in a two week notice since I was disrespected and I feel bad cause I have always been brought up that when you leave one job place to turn in a notice but I feel I cannot work with this man no more. Am I going about this the wrong way or did I handel the situation correctly?

I'd go with what you know to be right, and give a two-week notice. I don't think it would be best to leave without notice because you were disrespected--that might even be a form of pride, if you think about it. You were definitely in the right in the situation, but I do agree with the other posters, that you should turn the other cheek and endure two more weeks of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

You are under absolutely no obligation to give 2-weeks notice to an employer (unless you are under some kind of contract). But if there's at least one boss that likes you, give the notice. You can always use him/her as a reference for a future job, and leaving with notice is a lot better than leaving without notice. But if you have nothing to gain from staying two more weeks, by all means, quit immediately.

• Members

I agree with the other posters - do give two weeks notice. But also include with your letter of resignation a copy of the tow-truck bill or car repair, or other proof you have of how you really were stuck on the road in a slight accident (police accident report?). It will make your GM feel better about what ever your supervisor has been saying about you behind your back and indicate your honesty and work ethic. You can also indicate that you will gladly provide them with a copy of your team's schedule so that they can schedule your next two weeks without any misunderstandings - then give them a list for the whole season.

Don't burn any of your bridges, you never know if you might need to return to them someday for another job, or if the GM may even decide you are far too valuable an employee to let you leave. :saint

Pray for a new job that will make the most of your education, experience, and talents, and it will happen! I guarantee it! :thumb

• Members

I would keep working there till another job is found and I would give 2 weeks notice as a courtesy.

"He made the statement that he knew this was going to happen I said my family was just in a car wreck and he interrupted me and started to say something else about it so I hung up cause I did not need a lecture from him about it."

If he is in a position of higer authority you should not of hanged up on him. l

• Members

I will be honest I did leave without the notice but it was because my parents adviced me to. And I disagree with the statement about the authority and not hanging up. Yes he may be in a higher position then me but he was really just a traineer and a guy that did the paper work. He was not in a position to punish or anything the employees. He crossed the line the moment he took it upon himself to punish me. When all his power is to report me and file a complaint with the manager. When I talked to my manager and told her why I was leaving she said that she would have done the same thing and she was not holding it against me.

• Members

I'm so sorry that happened to you Brando, I know who you are talking about and i could guess he would be that way while in authority. I will pray for both you and him. Just remember, it is wrong to hold a grudge and you must forvive him. you don't have to be super nice but DO NOT be hateful. the devil will get a foothold and that will hurt you more than you would believe. If he is saved God will convict him and hopefully he will apologize someday. :praying :praying :thumb