• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation?

LindaR

• Members

Good post, John - the battle proves there is a changed man. A lost man will not fight sin or struggle with it - he will just give in to it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Acts 17:30-31 says, "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousnes by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead."

Jesus Christ taught repentance, Paul taught it, and Peter taught it along with the apostle John. The Lord said it, I believe it, and it is true!

:clap: :clap:

Guest Guest

So,

How many more of the Sword's promoted 'preachers' and featured author's are in line with Hutson??
( on repentance, that is)

• Members

[size=150]Conviction...the Holy Spirit[/size]
[i]And when he is come, he will reprove the world of[b] sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment[/b]: John 16:8[/i]

[size=150]SIN[/size]
It takes the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost, to convict a person of sin, righteousness and judgement. When I was convicted by the Word of God, over my sorryness, I began to be brokenhearted over my sin. The Bible says that Godly sorrow worketh repentence. If you pretend to repent, thinking "I'm not too bad of a guy" in any amount, that is not repentence. I think repentence is coming to the end of your self....seeing your rotten sin as God sees it....not with the same magnitude He does but in the manner of "yes God, you are right and I am wrong".

[size=150]Righteousness[/size]
The Bible says that God IS love. The Bible says that He is Holy and righteous. There is no spot or evil in Him at all. He is right and just and has absolutely no faults. You must believe this. God is a GIVER. God loved the world...and you...so much that he gave His only Son to die on Calvary for your sin and mine. You must believe that God exists and you must believe on His Son Jesus as the only way. When you realize that God is Holy, Righteous, but at the same time merciful and full of grace. You must see yourself as totally unrighteous, before a totally righteous God. You must put your trust in Jesus and His righteousness. He is worthy.

[size=150]Judgement[/size]If you go to Hell, it's not God's fault. He is loving and gracious...waiting to extend his mercy. But he cannot tolerate sin. It's your choice. For a person to be "saved", he must realize there is something to be saved FROM. He must realize that he is a hateful, vile, rotten, evil sinner, bound for Hell and deserving to go there. He must see that God is Holy and righteous and he is wrong. The alternative is the righteous judgement of God. If you go to Hell, it's your fault, not God's.

I heard the Word of God....from the 23rd Psalm, Sunday morning, Mothers Day 1985. The preacher was preaching, full of the Holy Ghost. I was convicted, I knew what I was and what I deserved. JESUS was right there before me in the churchhouse. All I needed was Jesus. I called on the name of the Lord Jesus and he mercifully, lovingly and gloriously saved me. He lives in my heart. Yes, you ,must repent.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
So,

How many more of the Sword's promoted 'preachers' and featured author's are in line with Hutson??
( on repentance, that is)

Hmm, I don't really know who they all are, but I suspect over 50% are. I might be wrong since every preacher is his own person, but that's common among SOTL and the Hyles-style churches.