• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

IFB or IFBx?

Anon

What do you consider yourself?  

1. 1. What do you consider yourself?

• IFB
    • IFBx
    • SBC
    • "Just Baptist"
    • Other

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As weird as that picture is, I would love to see where people draw the line on the old graven image. I mean, what my brother had a really cool wood burning kit. I know plenty of people with various statues of eagles (the patriotic ones, not the Philadelphia ones) or wooden dolls.

• Members

I dunno, I don't mind the statues of Jefferson and Lincoln and Washington in the capitol...

But...um...that's George Washington....ya know?

Exactly. I find this weird and bizarre, and yes, even creepy (thats for you BroMatt) but I don't think you can apply the graven image passage to it unless you are going to say the Lincoln statue is wrong as well.

• Members

The mentality that if you don't do things the way they are done in my housechurch then you are a sinner. Basically that standards are convictions with no lenience and no compassion. And I think they are easy believist also. If I'm wrong as to the intent that the original poster meant, than someone please enlighten me as to the meaning of IFBX.

• Members

IFBX is new to me. That is very interesting. It sound like more of strict in any issues that are not in the Bible. Jesus came to reach the lost souls regardless what they were same as today. So, no need to be tooo extremely. Be open to reach them to Christ as their personal Savior and disciple them in order to grow in the Lord Almighty God. IFB is broad and variety as long it is stand for KJV and IFB also right doctrines from the Holy Bible. I am stand for IFB all the way because God led me there. Glory to God. :yeah:

Evan57 :ears: w/o hear