• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for several friends

• Members

Praise Jesus!!! I got several of my goth friends to go with me to my church this Sunday. It took several months of persistence, but I don't believe it's in vain--but rather a divine appointment. Salvation is a miracle and the Lord is known for working His miracles, so let's pray in agreement folks. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Praise Jesus!!! I got several of my goth friends to go with me to my church this Sunday. It took several months of persistence, but I don't believe it's in vain--but rather a divine appointment. Salvation is a miracle and the Lord is known for working His miracles, so let's pray in agreement folks. Thanks in advance!

Alison, how did it go with your goth friends?

• Members

Where did Alison say anything about "nagging" people?

Being persistent doesn't require nagging. If you ask someone if they would like to attend church with you, or remind them they are welcome to join you on Sunday, you can do this in a friendly manner over an extended period of time without nagging them.

Scripture points out the importance of persistence as in the story of the old woman and the judge.

• Members

Assuming people are "goth" because they wear all black is a fallacy. I wear all black all the time and I am not "goth." Only 2 of her friends are actually goth, people need to stop judging others by their appearances. BTW, constantly reminding someone if they want to attend their church every week is nagging IMO. But I'll pray anways, I'm not upset...sorry. This is a prayer thread. :duh

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I most certainly believe that if someone tells you that she is going to hell that it warrants some sort of concern--whether it was said in jest or not. A person can die today and be on their way to hell because we have neglected the God given responsibility to share the Gospel. Our life is compared to a vapor, which appears for a short time and vanishes away, and we remain uncertain as to when we will breathe our last breath. Telling others that you care for them while sending them off to a burning hell is a sin, since we know what God expects of us. I was only able to "drag" one of my friends to church after "nagging" her for several months. She didn't respond to the altar call but the fact that she afterwards asked a series of questions concerning the sermon may be a sign that she has been convicted, I don't know. Please continue with your prayers and for the rest of my friends. Thank you kindly for all the prayers concerning this matter John81, Mountainview, anime4christ, Psalms18_28, dado4 and others.