• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Simplicity of Ice Cream

IM4given

• Members

That homemade ice cream sound like a fun thing to do. My son LOVES ice cream and loves making it. One time I tried to make homemade ice cream in a zip lock bag as Familyfun.com suggested. Unfortunately, it leaked water everywhere. Will plastic (not the aluminum cans) coffee cans leak? I never tried them before and I can't test it to try it yet until all my coffee is gone. I suppose I could put all the coffee in a ziplock bag, but I like it in a can.

Which spice would taste good with ice cream? I can't stand plain vanilla ice cream.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The coffee can recipe can be made in any tight fitting cylinder container that will "roll" - if you use a coffee can, you will need to seal it with duct tape or something to prevent leakage around the top of the can, because you lay it on its side and roll it back and forth across the floor to churn the ice cream. You might try some other type of container, like maybe a peanut butter jar with a screw on lid as the container that you put inside the bigger container. The outside container is for the crushed ice and rock salt., and you have to seal it up with tape to make sure it doesn't leak. It will help to lay a towel on the floor to roll it on in case it does dribble a little water.

As to the flavoring - you can put just about any thing into the mix to make icecream - a bit of fresh fruit, like a mashed banana, a spoonful of chocolate syrup, a bit of chopped nuts etc - as you can see from the rest of this thread the sky is the limit when it comes to flavors of ice cream. That is part of the fun of making your own - you can experiment with the ingredients and come up with your own flavors. Then you get to taste test and eat your samples! :hungry: (Even your "flops" will still taste pretty good!)

Don't forget that even plain vanilla ice cream can be dressed up with all sorts of toppings - also yummy!

• Members

I have never been to Maryland. Is it noisy and crowded?

All we really need to do to make this happen is to pick a time and a place to meet, then agree to go there! I know we were just joking about this, but I would think it would be a marvelous idea for us to get together and actually meet one another face-to-face for real Christian fellowshipping rather than just Internet fellowship. We could all wear our OB t-shirts and eat ice cream until we burst. It would not even have to be home-made, just grab a box of ice cream on the way there if you want to. We could bring our children and our families, and have a whole lot of fun.

• Members

They have a nice park and it is an easy to find land mark.

July 4th may be asking for too much though because there is usually a crowd gathered there for the fireworks and festivities. Maybe we should pick a different date - something that won't have quite so many people there?

We can all wear t-shirts that have our online names printed on them and that way everyone will know who we are, and then maybe we can all go visit the zoo together or something, and... and... and...