• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Simplicity of Ice Cream

IM4given

• Members

He must referring to some of the words I use such as bloke/friend, or chum. My mom/mum calls soccer football which is just weird. Btw, I can detect that many here have a Southern way of speaking. I reckon y'all have no idea what I'm talking about. :lol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Do y'all think I should have poll that goes something like this ?

Which do you prefer when you eat ice cream -
O regular cones
O waffle cones
O sugar cones
O cones dipped in chocolate
O cones dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles
O a bowl and spoon, so I can add toppings
O I eat it straight from the box!
O other (please describe)

• Members

He must referring to some of the words I use such as bloke/friend, or chum. My mom/mum calls soccer football which is just weird. Btw, I can detect that many here have a Southern way of speaking. I reckon y'all have no idea what I'm talking about. :lol:

I reckon so but most of y'all don't talk funny (in my mind), 'cept for my Yankee friend Kevin. :face: I have always thought of an English accent when reading Madeline's post. For some reason I have a hard time thinking of Bro Matt with a New England accent though :lol:

• Members

Do y'all think I should have poll that goes something like this ?

Which do you prefer when you eat ice cream -
O regular cones
O waffle cones
O sugar cones
O cones dipped in chocolate
O cones dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles
O a bowl and spoon, so I can add toppings
O I eat it straight from the box!
O other (please describe)

YES! And can I choose everything??? :hungry:

• Members

I reckon so but most of y'all don't talk funny (in my mind), 'cept for my Yankee friend Kevin. :face: I have always thought of an English accent when reading Madeline's post. For some reason I have a hard time thinking of Bro Matt with a New England accent though :lol:

Whenever I read everyone's posts, it sounds like it is perfect Yankee English to me. Except Tim's posts, of course, when it includes the words "reckon" and "y'all." :tease:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think we all learn to type in "correct" Yankee English - because that is who writes the English Books! I would love to see a grammar book written in the style of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - that would be awesome.

Aye hev dee cided thet aye lack a new flavor of Ice Cream called "Nanner Pudding" it es dee lite full! - it even has 'nilla wafers en it! So as I thawt about it aye decided thet maybe aye yam not Rocky Road Only - but maybe jest Rocky Road preferred, cuz aye lack all of these here other flevurs too.

Translation: I have decided that I like a new flavor of Ice Cream called Banana Pudding - it is delightful! It even has vanilla wafers in it! So as I thaught about it I decided that maybe I am not Rocky Road Only - but maybe just Rocky Road preferred, because I like all of these other flavors too.

• Members

I think we all learn to type in "correct" Yankee English - because that is who writes the English Books! I would love to see a grammar book written in the style of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - that would be awesome.

Aye hev dee cided thet aye lack a new flavor of Ice Cream called "Nanner Pudding" it es dee lite full! - it even has 'nilla wafers en it! So as I thawt about it aye decided thet maybe aye yam not Rocky Road Only - but maybe jest Rocky Road preferred, cuz aye lack all of these here other flevurs too.

Translation: I have decided that I like a new flavor of Ice Cream called Banana Pudding - it is delightful! It even has vanilla wafers in it! So as I thaught about it I decided that maybe I am not Rocky Road Only - but maybe just Rocky Road preferred, because I like all of these other flavors too.

It's not correct "Yankee" English, it's just correct English. :wink