• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The stats to end browser wars

Pastor Matt

• Administrators

**cough, cough** Jerry(with a bunch of numbers), that was not meant for you to be taken seriously. That is why I used this guy--> :frog Everything ok today? You seem a little tense.

FYI: FF is the most bragged about browser in the history of browsers. So according to your theory, something is wrong with FF. :ideas: :lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

People talk about and promote things they love or enjoy. I might promote Apple till the day I die, doesn't mean I'm bragging. Sure, I'll tell you about how great I think it is, I've never met ANYONE who has been offended by it. :huh:

See Jerry808, Kevin can be wrong if he wants to.

• Members

:B Better watch it Tim or I'll write a virus on my Mac and send it to you in an email. :hehe:

My computer will ignore it because it doesn't speak Mac :face:

:woohoo: I am starting a campaign for a Windows only Nation (kind of like the English only initiative only with a better chance of passing) :woohoo:

• Members

My computer will ignore it because it doesn't speak Mac :face:

:woohoo: I am starting a campaign for a Windows only Nation (kind of like the English only initiative only with a better chance of passing) :woohoo:

Doesn't matter, I can write a windows virus that won't run on Mac but won't have any problems running on your PC. And good luck on the initiative, better expect some resistance from nerds everywhere. :lol

• Members

Doesn't matter, I can write a windows virus that won't run on Mac but won't have any problems running on your PC. And good luck on the initiative, better expect some resistance from nerds everywhere. :lol

hmmm...so that's why my computer is running so slow. :hmm

• Members

Now we know what he has been up to. :smug:

Oh, back on the topic, in Smart Computing April issue on page 22 they have an article, Just Browsing.

They evaluated IE7, Firefox 2, Opera 9, and Netscape 8.1.

Guess which one they picked as the best?

Thats right, Firefox 2.

IE7, Opera 9, and Netscape 8.1 tied with one another.

Which I don't know which one is best, I just know which one works best for me.

• Administrators

The problem with that is it is not based on facts or stats, just opinions.
Also, you will realize that a trend is starting to come from the computer experts, more and more are moving away from FF. Maybe FF new version 3 will change that and my mind on its security exploits.

• Members

The problem with that is it is not based on facts or stats, just opinions.
Also, you will realize that a trend is starting to come from the computer experts, more and more are moving away from FF. Maybe FF new version 3 will change that and my mind on its security exploits.

I like what the article says at the end of the story.

Does this mean you should switch browsers? No. If you use either ones of these, its sure to keep you happy. However it may be worth considering the option. You never know what you may find.

Most all information about computers, browsers and everything else is based upon someones opinion and the users preference.

And that is why we have so many different brands of browsers, computers, cars, trucks, coffee makers and so on.

That is why some people would rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford.

Yesterday I had a page that would not open in Firefox, I tried it with IE7 and it worked great, for about an hour or so I used my IE7 and it worked pretty good, but I went back to Firefox because it fits like an old pair of shoes. Of course that is just my opinion, but its my feet! :thumb :cool