• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Am I Really Different (Annette_J's Testimony)

• Members

I know this might be a little long, but please if you take the time to read it all, you will see how He can take even the worst of us, up out of the "miry clay and place us on solid rock"!

Am I Really Different?

When I was a little kid I remember thinking there was something different about my family. We felt as if we had everything when in actuality we had very little. Everyone in my family seemed to have hearts of gold which kept my family very rich. My father had to work for little more than minimum wage, even though he worked harder than most will ever have to. My mother worked but became disabled when I was just a young teenager. As an added income my parents became foster parents, but from the time I was six years old I could tell it was less about the money, and more about protecting and providing for the children. The type of heart that my parents showed was always something that I could only hope to one day have. With everyone of the two-hundred plus kids that came into the home, each one was loved as if they were my parents very own.
There are times that I don

• Members

Actually it was a Baptist Church the next town over from me.

The story behind him reading the Book of Mormon was that someone gave him it, and asked him to read it, and he said he would, and he doesn't say he will do something and not do it, so he was reading it.

I just didn't understand why he would, when every other night at work he would read the Bible.

• 7 months later...