• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Life's Railway to Heaven

IM4given

• Members

[tube]QHTdGnxwx0g[/tube]

Another one of my gospel favorites! This group is called Redbird Express, and I think they are singing this at someone's funerla, but they are doing a great job of it none the less. I think I want that sung at my funeral too...

• Administrators

I love that song...and that fellow on the fiddle was great!!! Our church sings it as a congregational often. We prepare to move onto the tracks when someone in the orchestra rings the bell, and then the instruments begin, and it sounds like a train really moving, then we join in and :woohoo: - it's good!!!

• Members

The group has fine instrumentals - not that canned karaoke stuff that so many churches have gone over to. It is reminiscent of the singings we used to have back in Kentucky - every church had their congregational singing, but always a few who would step forward to do special singings, such as this one. Nothing commercial about them, they just enjoyed using their talents to give others a blessing. They would sing for weddings and funerals, and a couple of times a year all of the churches would gather together at one church or another (all IFB) and have a singing on the grounds that lasted all day long! Folks would bring food and lawn chairs and a staging area was set so that the different groups could stand up and sing, and it was foot stomping, hand clapping, singing and praising the Lord good ole time! It would all start setting up at daybreak, with coffee and baked goods for the early birds, and it would last all day until the sun set. If you could not stay all day, that was okay - but I don't remember anyone ever wanting to leave early. Usually plenty of people were left to help fold chairs and clean up the place a bit (most people cleaned their own areas and not leave it for someone elese to do).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That's one of my favorites too. I have some Smoky Mountain Hymns CDs and Life's Railway to Heaven is on a couple of them.

That group was wonderful. I loved it. Thanks for sharing. Where can I find more music by this group?

BTW--I really like your avatar. Send me a PM and I can tell you where you can hear a sermon called "The Lesson of the Penny" by Don Farmer, Jr. from Anawalt, WVA