• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church tomorrow

• Members

Please pray specifically that my wife, Valerie, will make it to church tomorrow and go forward to the altar and LISTEN to the voice of God. I know His will is not that our marriage desolve. I have made many an error in the past and as Paul said he was chief of sinners. (he had not met me yet) However, evil (divorce) will never right evil (sin). I have been forgiven of past specific issues that played a large role in things being the way they are and would even say delivered from (a specific) sin. Pray that God will soften her heart toward reconciliation and show her she can be responsible for reuniting her family and making it better not being the one to destroy it.

dale

• Members

Please pray specifically that my wife, Valerie, will make it to church tomorrow and go forward to the altar and LISTEN to the voice of God. I know His will is not that our marriage desolve. I have made many an error in the past and as Paul said he was chief of sinners. (he had not met me yet) However, evil (divorce) will never right evil (sin). I have been forgiven of past specific issues that played a large role in things being the way they are and would even say delivered from (a specific) sin. Pray that God will soften her heart toward reconciliation and show her she can be responsible for reuniting her family and making it better not being the one to destroy it.

dale

dale, you said you have been forgiven, but have you asked your wife to forgive you too? I am certainly no expert in marital issues, other than the fact that I am a woman and I have a woman's perspective - if my ex had of acknowledge his sin to me and asked me to forgive him, instead of continuing with the lies, cover-ups, and deception that was based on sin in his life it would have gone a very long ways towards saving our marriage. He continues to lie, cover up , and decieve his current fiance - all the while professing to be an upstanding born-again Christian. He has told his fiance that he divorced me because I ran off with someone I met on the internet! I did no such thing - but it sure sounds good, and gains him a lot of sympathy, so he sticks to that story. Then he adds to that lie with many others, and so their whole relationship is now built on a tissue of lies, just like our 12 year marriage was nothing but one lie after another, up to and including the lie he told when he said he loved me. He loves no one but himself.

Honesty can go a looong way towards forgiveness and healing of a relationship. A prideful attitude is unwilling to admit and acknowledge the wrong, and will justify away what ever the sin may be. You may have asked for and recieved forgiveness from the Lord for your sin, but have you really sat down and openly and honestly talked to your wife about it?

I will certainly be praying for you and your wife and ask God to mend the relationship. :pray

• Members

IM4Given--if I could speak to my wife I would ask exactly that. (for her forgiveness), but do to legal maneuverings she has in place I cannot speak to her right now. My Sunday school teacher (also a Pastor) is going to speak to her this coming Sunday and he asked if there was something I wanted him to tell her and that was one of the 2 important pieces I want her to come away with. I would ask if I could
1. for her forgiveness on my knees
2. and tell her I loved her with all my heart