• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Traveling

• Members

Does anyone visit any National Parks/Monuments?

Two summers ago, my family and I went on a trip to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. On that trip, we visited:
Grand Canyon
Carlsbad Caverns
Arches
Pikes Peak
Hovenweep (Indian ruins)
Gateway Arch
Petrified Forest
(Four Corners - not technically a national monument)

Others:
Mount Rushmore
Several in D.C. (many times)

We have visited several National Parks and Monuments. My parents live in Carlsbad, NM so we have been there several times (Did you get to see the flight of the bats ?). There are several other parks close to there too. I would really like to have the $$ do a full tour of the west.... maybe someday.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, I hear Pennsylvania is very nice. :lol I'd particularly like to visit Lancaster County and go to the Wilbur Chocolate Factory. :drool

You would thoroughly enjoy Lancaster, PA, Chelle. :lol (Founded in 1718, it's the oldest in-land city in the United States.)

Trust me on this, contrary to what KM says, Lancaster County is infinitely better than anything Maryland has to offer in its entire state. :lol: If you enjoy fall foliage tours, then our Pocono area is superb in the month of October. :thumb

Please click here:::

http://www.pavacationrental.com/Area-La ... lvania.htm

• Members

West Virginia <---for the WV state fair

Ohio <--- vacation

Kentucky <--- vacation

Maryland <--- stayed with my husband's sister who works in DC, as well to visit my sister. We went to six flag there and I did not like that theme park at all.

PA <---- we stayed in a hotel to take a break from driving

Connecticut <---- My husband gave me a tour around where he grew up. We stay there for one night

New Hampshire <---- husband parents live here. we stayed here for about a week

Boston, Mass.<---- we went shopping while staying with my husband's parents

Maine <---- went to the beach and went shopping at L.L. beans

North Carolina <---- When I was about 16 or so I stayed at IFB summer camp called Turner Creek. It was very fun, but yet I was tired for some reasons.

South Carolina <--- Mytle beach. I also went there when I was little girl . my dad had to take some kind of mechanical training there for work. My mom took us to Heritage USA, I think.

Tennessee <---- husband's family lives there

Alabama <---- My sister lives there

Savannah, GA <--- Husband's parents used to live here. We stayed there for awhile

Florida <---- My husband's parents is currently living here. they are trying to sell the place right now to move. They still have a second home in New Hampshire but they only stay there in summertime. They will be heading that way at the end of May.

• Members

Trust me on this, contrary to what KM says, Lancaster County is infinitely better than anything Maryland has to offer in its entire state. If you enjoy fall foliage tours, then our Pocono area is superb in the month of October

No way! We've got lots of better places. :lol Both Carroll and Frederick Counties are beautiful countryside counties. We have the city of Baltimore, Annapolis, and DC in the south.

Maryland <--- stayed with my husband's sister who works in DC, as well to visit my sister. We went to six flag there and I did not like that theme park at all.

We are going there next week. lol

These were all taken near my house:

• Members

Here is a tidbit you might find interesting Kevin

Carroll (Georgia) County's History

Named for Charles Carroll (1737-1832) of Maryland, an American patriot and signer of the Declaration of Independence, Carroll County was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on December 11, 1826, from land previously claimed by the Creek Indian tribe. The County's first elections were held in May, 1827. The original county boundaries formed a rough triangle, beginning in the south at the point where the Chattahoochee River turns northeast from the Alabama line, then following the state line on the west and the river on the east to the Cherokee-Creek Boundary Trail, some 100 miles to the north. Much of this original land now forms parts of Haralson, Douglas, Heard and Troup Counties.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I took a quick 4-hour drive through the mountains today. I took US 40 from Uniontown, PA to I-68, then proceeded to Cumberland, MD and back. The Appalachians are beautiful. Praise God for his handiwork.

I must admit Maryland is nice, but I'll have to stick with PA.

Guest Guest
Anybody else enjoy traveling? I love taking road trips. I've been to something like 28 states and to Niagara Falls' date=' Canada. I hope to drive to every state one day (except Hawaii of course). It would also enjoy seeing Italy and Spain, but that might be out of my league.[/quote']

I've been to 37 different states and also Canada. Mostly it had to do with my job. I still got to see a lot of beautiful places. Each state has it's own unique beauty (yes, even New Jersey :lol: ). But to me, there is no place like home.

Wil

• Members

I was born and raised in Indiana. Although, my "roots" are there, I don't think that I could leave North Carolina now..... it is a beautiful state. One day you can visit the mountains, and the next day you can be at the ocean! We live about 2 hours from the Smokey Mountains and about 4 hours from the beach!

Y'all come and visit North Carolina, you will not be disappointed! :Bleh