• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

The concept of dispensations is right and Scriptural - ie. God refers to it in the NT and the Scriptures do teach that God had different "house rules" for different time periods in man's history. We are not living like Israel under the Law - because we are in a different dispensation of God.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

The problem is that many systems of dispensationalism may not line up with Scripture - but don't throw out the concept itself with the false systems fallible man may have come up with.

Webster's give this as one of his definitions of this word:

4. That which is dispensed or bestowed; a system of principles and rites enjoined; as the Mosaic dispensation; the gospel dispensation; including, the former the Levitical law and rites; the latter the scheme of redemption by Christ.

• Members

The concept of dispensations is right and Scriptural - ie. God refers to it in the NT and the Scriptures do teach that God had different "house rules" for different time periods in man's history. We are not living like Israel under the Law - because we are in a different dispensation of God.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

The problem is that many systems of dispensationalism may not line up with Scripture - but don't throw out the concept itself with the false systems fallible man may have come up with.

Webster's give this as one of his definitions of this word:

4. That which is dispensed or bestowed; a system of principles and rites enjoined; as the Mosaic dispensation; the gospel dispensation; including, the former the Levitical law and rites; the latter the scheme of redemption by Christ.
:thumb

• Members

Thank you for the verses Jerry. Also I took your idea Kitagrl and found a few good threads. As for Randy's question all I know for sure is that it teaches there are multiple ways God has interacted with his people. There are disagreements about exactly how many dispensations there have been. Also a big thing is that Israel today is not the church as some teach. Also they believe in a literal future kingdom on earth where some others try to say that is just figurative.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I am a dispensationalist. Through out history there have been different dispensations. What is basically means is that while the church is saved, God also has a plan for the Jews, who will be saved during the 7 year tribulation.

There are some good links on this on the web. I will try and find them and post them here.