• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

PHP help

• Members

Good morning everyone!

I've started up a blog using WordPress and am having a hard time finding the code that is creating the website name in the top left corner:

http://lujesus.earnestlycontending.com/WordPress/

If anyone is willing to help with this, I could e-mail you whatever files are needed. I've been through the style sheet, header, sidebar, index, and I can't seem to find it. I found the code for the font type, and managed to delete that so it's not so obtrusive, but that's all.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

Can you post a screen shot so I can see exactly what you are talking about?

Also php is a programing language so every php application will have it set up differently. Word press might use a built in php variable to dynamically draw the content out.

Edit: I see what you are talking about now and it does look like a php variable. You should find it in the header. Should look something like this {site_desc}. It is probably generated from the site name in your ACP.
[attachment=0]

The following link will help you understand php variables.
http://us3.php.net/language.variables

Remember though software like Word Press put the functions in a php file and echo it out in the template.

• Members

LOL, wish I could understand all of this like you do, Brother Matt. I went through the code in the header again, looking for "site desc" or anything like it, or something that referring to the link for the homepage. Took a while and some trial and error on removing code, but I did it!

Thanks so much! :sing:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Here I go again. This is about phpbb. I have moved the "who's online" table to be at the top of the mb instead of the bottom, but now it is reapeating itself in between all major forum groups!!!

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Here's the index_body.tpl that I modified:

b_TL.gif

class="nav">{L_INDEX}

src='templates/noteBored/images/b_TR.gif'>    {LAST_VISIT_DATE} {CURRENT_TIME} href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}" class="notenav">{L_SEARCH_SELF} {L_SEARCH_NEW}{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED} {L_USERNAME}:    {L_PASSWORD}:      {L_AUTO_LOGIN}    

src="templates/noteBored/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}" /> {TOTAL_POSTS} {TOTAL_USERS} />{NEWEST_USER}{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE}   [ {L_WHOSONLINE_ADMIN} ]   [ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ] {RECORD_USERS} {LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}{L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN}

src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTL.gif" border="0"> href="{catrow.U_VIEWCAT}" class="cattitle"> color="#B63F04">{catrow.CAT_DESC} src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTR.gif" border="0"> href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink"> alt="{catrow.forumrow.L_FORUM_FOLDER_ALT}" title="{catrow.forumrow.L_FORUM_FOLDER_ALT}" border="0">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}  href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME} border="0"> class="gennote">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC} class="gennote">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}   {L_LASTPOST} {catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST} {L_POSTS} {catrow.forumrow.POSTS}   {L_TOPICS} {catrow.forumrow.TOPICS} src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBL.gif" border="0">  src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBR.gif" border="0">b_BL.gif{PAGINATION}b_BR.gif alt="{L_NEW_POSTS}"/>folder_new_big.gif{L_NEW_POSTS}   alt="{L_NO_NEW_POSTS}" />folder_big.gif{L_NO_NEW_POSTS}   alt="{L_FORUM_LOCKED}" />folder_locked_big.gif{L_FORUM_LOCKED}

class="gensmall">    {S_TIMEZONE}   href="{U_MARK_READ}" class="gensmall">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}

• Members

Yeah, but finding exactly between which code to insert it was the tricky part. Remember, I don't dream in php! :lol

It's the Noteboard theme. I've decided I do want to have the "who's online on the bottom as well, but I can't make it look like it is in the main table, or even get it in the main table.

Here's what I have now:

b_TL.gif

class="nav">{L_INDEX}

src='templates/noteBored/images/b_TR.gif' width="30" height="30">    {LAST_VISIT_DATE} {CURRENT_TIME} href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}" class="notenav">{L_SEARCH_SELF} {L_SEARCH_NEW}{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED} {L_USERNAME}:    {L_PASSWORD}:      {L_AUTO_LOGIN}     src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTL.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30"> href="{catrow.U_VIEWCAT}" class="cattitle"> color="#B63F04">{catrow.CAT_DESC} src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTR.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30"> src="templates/noteBored/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}" width="86" height="44" /> {TOTAL_POSTS} {TOTAL_USERS} />{NEWEST_USER}

VUH Homepage

Member Location Map

Old Christian Radio (click to listen while you browse) REAL PLAYERWINDOWS MEDIA PLAYERMP3 STREAMIMG{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE}    [ {L_WHOSONLINE_ADMIN} ]  [ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ] {RECORD_USERS} {LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST} src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBL.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">  src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBR.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">

{L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN}

src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTL.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30"> href="{catrow.U_VIEWCAT}" class="cattitle"> color="#B63F04">{catrow.CAT_DESC} src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTR.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30"> href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink"> alt="{catrow.forumrow.L_FORUM_FOLDER_ALT}" title="{catrow.forumrow.L_FORUM_FOLDER_ALT}" border="0">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}  href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME} border="0"> class="gennote">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC} class="gennote">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}   {L_LASTPOST} {catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST} {L_POSTS} {catrow.forumrow.POSTS}   {L_TOPICS} {catrow.forumrow.TOPICS} src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBL.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">  src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBR.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">b_BL.gif{PAGINATION}b_BR.gif

{L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN}
  src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTL.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">  src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlTR.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30"> src="templates/noteBored/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}" width="86" height="44" /> {TOTAL_POSTS} {TOTAL_USERS} />{NEWEST_USER}{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE}   [ {L_WHOSONLINE_ADMIN} ]   [ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ] {RECORD_USERS} {LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}

alt="{L_NEW_POSTS}" width="60" height="60"/>folder_new_big.gif{L_NEW_POSTS}   alt="{L_NO_NEW_POSTS}" width="60" height="60" />folder_big.gif{L_NO_NEW_POSTS}   alt="{L_FORUM_LOCKED}" width="60" height="60" />folder_locked_big.gif{L_FORUM_LOCKED}

src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBL.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">  src="templates/noteBored/images/notepostcurlBR.gif" border="0" width="30" height="30">

class="gensmall">    {S_TIMEZONE}   href="{U_MARK_READ}" class="gensmall">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}

• Administrators

Actually it is the .tpl file which is just HTML and not php. Php does not work in HTML files, whereas HTML works in php files.

I just took a real fast look at your HTML file and this looks like the code to move up top.

nowrap>  nowrap> 
src="templates/noteBored/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}" width="86" height="44" />

{TOTAL_POSTS}{TOTAL_USERS} />{NEWEST_USER}

VUH Homepage

Member Location Map

Old Christian Radio

(click to listen while you browse)

REAL PLAYER

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER
MP3 STREAMIMG

{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE}    [ {L_WHOSONLINE_ADMIN} ]  [ {L_WHOSONLINE_MOD} ]{RECORD_USERS}{LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}

It looks like you have all kind of links and other stuff in that table, so just remove what you do not want at the top.

If I am way off on what you want can you post a screen shot of how it looks?