• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Security

Guest Guest

Susanna,Do you know I didn't totally understand exactly how God works when I was a young believer. But as time passed the Holy Spirit showed me through reading and studying His Word that our salvations doesn't depend on anything we do!!! Our salvation depends on what Jesus Christ did for us. Salvation comes by faith. The Bible says that faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. What this verse is saying is that our faith grows as we read and study the Bible. If you truly believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God came to earth to lay down His life for your sin, that He died was buried and rose the third day as it is recorded in the scriptures. God say that if you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ did all this that you shall be saved. We know that God is not a man that He should lie because the Bible teach us this also. What you need to do is look to Jesus Christ believing His Word and accept the truth that His Word teaches. Check out I John 5:13. Read it carefully.
1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
We have saying, If God says it that settles it!!!

:goodpost: I definitely need to grow in my Christian life.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

one non-catholic church said "faith alone is misleading, he said faith is the factor for salvation and we must add works to obtain salvation.

he supported his claim with this verse;

"12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."

Philippians 2:12

actually this is the link click me

even my born again best friend said salvation can be lost...

i am confused. please help me

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The subject of eternal security (or lack thereof) is a subject that I have been faced with many times. When I was to be ordained as a minister, I was asked the question, "Do you believe in eternal security?" I answered, "For me I do." Salvation is of the Lord, as Job said. I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day. After facing this subject many times in open bible studies and personal counsels, I have come to the conclusion that, in order to truly believe that you can be saved today and lost tomorrow, you must completely deny the power of God to save and to keep and you may as well throw out Romans chapters 6,7 and 8, which so clearly state that we belong to God through and by His Son Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That word "Likewise" in verse 11 is a pretty awesome word, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

These verses explain eternal security quite well:
(John 10:27-29) - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: {28} And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. {29} My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
These verses explain eternal security quite well:
(John 10:27-29) - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: {28} And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. {29} My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
God bless,
Crushmaster.

That is one of my favorite scripture passages. :smile

one non-catholic church said "faith alone is misleading, he said faith is the factor for salvation and we must add works to obtain salvation.

he supported his claim with this verse;

actually this is the link click me

even my born again best friend said salvation can be lost...

i am confused. please help me

Sorry that I just noticed this...pablo. As a former Catholic---I can tell you that it is NOT by "works" or "good deeds" that will get you saved and allow your soul entry into heaven. Otherwise, where would God draw the line? The RCC will also try to confuse you by saying that it is the faith in the RCC, alone. That is a lie!!! Attendance to a particular church does NOT gain a person salvation. Sacraments, Communion, Baptism, praying to saints, saying the Rosary, Confession to a Priest, holy water---none of that will merit salvation!! Jesus Christ took that sin debt when he paid that awful price for the "sins of the whole world" on the cross of Calvary. When He said..."It is finished" he meant that sinners are forgiven by repentance first...then, trust in Jesus Christ as personal Saviour. Jesus paid the terrible price...NOT you or me, or any other man or woman. Also, remember...that Jesus came to this sinful world for us NOT for Him.

What Philippians 2:12 is saying..."work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" is that the Apostle Paul is merely stating that you and the Father in heaven/Jesus Christ are the ONLY ones who know that you are saved. It is important to have NOT just a "head knowledge" of the scriptures, but also a "heart knowledge." A "heart knowledge" is critical! Philippians 2:12 is dealing with "Eternal Security" for the believer. Also,the most intelligent Biblical scholar in the world may know the KJVO inside and out...but, it is sometimes possible that they are NOT saved. Why? Well...because the Holy Spirit must live deep within a person's heart.

From the OT throughout the NT...salvation has ALWAYS been through faith in Jesus Christ. It has NEVER been "works based" or a combination of both. It is ALWAYS faith based. A personal (individual) faith in Jesus Christ will save someone, after repentance. As someone grows from a "baby believer"---as was stated above, the Holy Spirit will reveal other truths to you. These "Fruits of the Spirit" are evident in our walk with Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8-9...8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest (that no man should glory) any man should boast. KJV 1611 AV.

God bless

~ Molly

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Fallen from grace (not from salvation) - they were living according to the law, which they could never fulfill, instead of living by God's grace.

• Members

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Fallen from grace (not from salvation) - they were living according to the law, which they could never fulfill, instead of living by God's grace.

Please clarify? Are you saying that one can "Fall from" (be seperated from) grace and still be saved?