• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Security

Guest Guest

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Thank you all for your support. Unfortunately there are a number of people in my apartments that believe you can lose your salvation. There is only one family I know of that is Baptist and they have been going to a Pentecostal Church that teaches you can lose your salvation. :sad

Tell me, isn't there something in the Bible about the majority usually being wrong and the minority usually being right?

• Members

Eternal Security
The Eternal Security doctrine is the "once saved, always saved" doctrine that so many people have trouble believing, because it just doesn't sound logical.
Actually, it is VERY logical and very scriptural as well. My eternal security in Christ is based on my RELATIONSHIP with God, not my fellowship with Him. I am not saved because I fear God and serve Him, but rather because I have entered into a Father/Son relationship with Him through the Lord Jesus Christ. I was once a child of the Devil and a child of wrath (Jn. 8:44; Eph. 2:3), but now I am a son of God (Jhn. 1:12; I Jhn. 3:2; Rom. 8:14; Gal. 4:5). Upon receiving Christ as my Savior, I was SEALED with the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption (Eph. 4:30; II Cor. 1:22), and I am KEPT by the power of God (I Pet. 1:5), not by my own power. Jesus will never leave me nor forsake me (Heb. 13:5; Mat. 28:20), because He BOUGHT me with His own blood (Acts 20:28; I Cor. 6:19-20).

If I choose to be a disobedient child, then my Father in Heaven will CHASTEN me (Rev. 3:19; Heb. 12:4-8; I Cor. 11:30-32), but I will remain a saved and sealed son of God (Jhn. 5:24; I Jhn. 5:11-13; Rom. 8:38-39; Phi. 1:6; Jhn. 6:37; 10:28-29). I am eternally secure in Christ (even if you aren't going to check the references).

http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/h ... 20Security

Guest Guest

One of my friends is a Baptist who belongs to a KJV believing Independent Baptist Church. His church apparently teaches a form of OSAS that says that you can sin to such an extent that you will lose your salvation. What Bible verses can I use to show him that this is not true?

• Members

Ask him to show you what verses teach this - what specific sin you need to commit to be lost again, or how MUCH sin you have to do first to be lost again.

If something is a gift that you can never pay for by your good works in the first place, how do you lose it by not doing enough good works for it later?

Guest Guest

Ask him to show you what verses teach this - what specific sin you need to commit to be lost again, or how MUCH sin you have to do first to be lost again.

If something is a gift that you can never pay for by your good works in the first place, how do you lose it by not doing enough good works for it later?

Okay I'll do that if I remember. :thumb

• Members

I posted this earlier but on the wrong board. Perhaps someone could offer insight into this particular inquiry.
What about Peter and his denial of Christ? He was a true Christian before he denied Christ. He was the first of the apostles to recognize Him as the messiah but still his faith was not strong enough and failed just as Jesus predicted. He later repented and was reconciled to Christ but in the time when he was denying Christ would he have been saved if he had fallen dead and how can this particular event be explained in the framework of Eternal Sanctuary?

• Members

Matthew 10:33 - But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

The word "deny" here is in the aorist tense which suggests that this person continually and willfully rejects Christ as Lord and Savior. This is unlike Peters momentary denials. So if Peter was saved then surely that moment of denial would not have sent him to hades.

• Members

What does temporarily denying Christ in a night of backsliding have to do with losing your salvation? As Madeline pointed out, the verses referring to denying Christ before men and Him denying us, are in the continual sense ie. ongoing denial, not referring to a moment of fear or doubt.

• 4 months later...

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Matt. 24:13 (KJV)

"Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." - Romans 11:22 (KJV)

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matt. 7:21 (KJV)

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." - 1 Cor. 9:27 (KJV)

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." - Phil. 2:12 (KJV)

"They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away." - Luke 8:13 (KJV)

• Members

Wow - did you just copy paste that from your reply on another thread? If you throw in enough verses taken out of context, will someone magically be convinced you are right?